cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Account still registered with plusnet

FIXED
petezx9

Old Account still registered with plusnet

I am in the process of moving back to Plusnet but when I entered the new account name, it said account name was already taken.

This will be from when I was a customer from a previous time. So I have had to come up with a different account name which means there are now 2 of me on plusnet.

It's not really a problem but I do think if an acount closes because I move my broadband to another suppplier, then the account really should close and not hang around as some sort of ghost customer.

4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Old Account still registered with plusnet

Although the account is destroyed with details removed, the username is not reusable. I can't think of many (if any) companies where a username is allowed to be reused, especially those where email addresses may be associated with it.

Sorry if that's not the answer you were looking for!

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
petezx9

As I couldn't use the old account name, I wasn't sure whether the email address associated with it was therefore also 'blocked' so for the new account I also created a new email.

For future reference, does that mean I could have used the email address associated with the old account when creating the new account?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Your email address wouldn't be blocked, you can create an account with it as many times as you like. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If the email address was a Plusnet one (ie associated to your old username) then you couldn't use this as it would have been removed along with your original account. If it's a 3rd party email address, then as @Gandalf says you can reuse this across accounts.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.