cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh you want to cancel eh, we will make that very expensive for you!

inhost
Grafter

Oh you want to cancel eh, we will make that very expensive for you!

So here is the story.
ADSL was terrible with plusnet after I switched from orange, around 5 days of no service at all per month, they just waited for it to come back up and said there you go it is fixed,... interesting no one could ever tell me what the problem was to begin with so it happened over and over again.
After many complaints someone offered me a 12 month contract on FTTC which would solve all my problems, ok I thought sounds fair I only need to wait a few months for that, 3 missed engineers appointments and 3 days of holiday taken from work later they turned up totally unexpected one day an unannounced to fit the FTTC.
FTTC Fitted same problems with it going down for a day at a time, the problems that getting FTTC was going to fix, just as a point of note I had countless BT engineers confirm the problem was not at my end, one guy even said I needed a lift and shift but that seemed to be an impossible task to get someone at the exchange to do, once it was finally done everything was fine as far as stability of connection goes.
The next issue was the router, the TG852 was an absolute pile of garbage that was completely unfit for purpose on the 80/20 service it simply was unable to deliver those speeds, plusnet sent me 2 of these routers both exactly the same pile of pants that could never deliver the service I was paying for, I complained about it in a structured was as it was very apparent that lots of people are having the same issue with it (http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108698.0.html ) 10772 views on that thread up to today and still on the first page where finally a PN member of staff confirms it can not give the wifi speeds needed to carry the 80mbit connection.
The long and the short of this is that plusnet admitted the router was not fit for purpose by offering me £60 to get a suitable one, when I announced that they are willing to do this for everyone because why should I be a special case they rescinded the offer and instead deadlocked my complaint and threatened to remove my ability to open questions and the forum i.e. they told me to shut up and stop causing problems.
So I bought a cheapo BT HH 3 from ebay and that problem was solved also, I offered to return the 2 TG582n routers and even offered to drive to plusnet HQ and demonstrate the issue first hand, both offers were not welcome.
I decided the only thing to do after being treat so horribly bad was to wait out the contract and cancel as soon as possible, I thought it must have been getting close to the 12 months and opened a question to check things out to be told I am in fact on an 18 month contract, I would have to pay cancellation fee's and also pay £40 for the router.
So in short.. the tl;dr version is:
Offered a 12 month contract on another product to solve on going ADSL issues, it did not solve the issues.
I offered to send the routers back that were not working as expected/not fit for the product sold, they refused to take them
Literally all conversations I have had and agreements made by phone were never put on the system
How much to a Love and trust plusnet... as much as I trust a pit of snakes not to bite me if I jump in to said pit.
Complete and utter joke from start to finish.
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Oh you want to cancel eh, we will make that very expensive for you!

Hi inhost,
I'm sorry things have gone that way, but there's not really anything we can say that hasn't already been gone over either in the thread you link to or on the tickets on your account.
inhost
Grafter

Joke of a reply from PN as expected.
There is plenty you could do you simply do not want too.
Why am I being charged for a router that was immediately reported as faulty/not fit backed up by the fact you offered me money for a replacement?
Why don't your call centre staff bother updating the system with meaningful comments?
Why did luke not bother updating my account to show he offered me a 12 month contract?
Why am I having to ask all these questions? ... I can answer that one.. because no one cars what one persons issues are as long as the majority keep paying that is why, further evidenced by the fact I was offered £60 shut up and go away money.

inhost
Grafter

Aaaaand, I just got my email telling me you will be charging me more from october and allowing me to cancel within 10 days if I dont agree.
adios!