cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offered the right to cancel without anything to pay but service fee's.. o realy?

inhost
Grafter

Offered the right to cancel without anything to pay but service fee's.. o realy?

So I am offered the following terms due to the price hike:
If, as a result of the changes in this email, you decide to terminate your affected service(s), you may do so without incurring the Early Termination Charge(s) that may otherwise be payable. If you wish to exercise this right you must contact us within 10 days of receiving this notification. You will still be liable for service charges up to the date of termination.
So to any human reading that it states I only pay service charges right, because they changed the terms of the contract to the detrement of the other party.
So I give 10 days notice and request my MAC code and get the following bill:
- Deferred Hardware - Technicolor TG582n Fibre Router £40.00
- Plusnet Extra Fibre Profit Foregone Contract (18 months) £49.50
- Deferred FTTC (with WLR) activation contract for 12 months £25.00
- Broadband service charge for 2 days £1.33
What?
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Offered the right to cancel without anything to pay but service fee's.. o realy?

But did you just ask for a MAC or did you notify them that you were not willing to accept the changes to the T&C
inhost
Grafter

Re: Offered the right to cancel without anything to pay but service fee's.. o realy?

I informed them I did not accept the new T&C that was my opening line, they just dont have any idea what they are doing, I am sure it is not the staff's fault they just have a terrible system and worse management.
mt3691

got the same email - jokers!!
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Looks like neither of you have anything to worry about (I've checked your accounts). I think this happens where we request the MAC before writing off the charges. The MAC ticket is automated and the logic it uses is based on the state of the account when the ticket was raised (rather than the state of the account when the MAC is actually generated and sent to you).
Apologies for the confusion and sorry to see you both go.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵