Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVER-BILLED...AGAIN - Incorrectly set up new service/price

snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

OVER-BILLED...AGAIN - Incorrectly set up new service/price

Hello

I called before Xmas to ask if I could take up the offer that was £27.99 for 80MB FTTC, I currently pay £5 extra for my new line 'activation' as I could not afford £90 outright in April 2017 just for an Openreach LL1 to tell me "yeah its working".

I was paying £24.99 (+£5 LA) for the 40/10 service, I had a call back from the sales team who said they could indeed do this offer, £27.99 +£5 = £32.99 - my first bill did not seem correct and I was concerned that it had not been put through correctly and I mentioned this in the forum (see my posts) and the price was rectified, now again it's at the higher price of £39.98 not £32.99

PLEASE can someone from Plusnet who actually knows the system well please amend this bill?  I do hope Im not having to chase this up every month?

If it happens next month then I have no choice but to let Ofcom know about this.

13 REPLIES 13
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: OVER-BILLED...AGAIN - Incorrectly set up new service/price

Hello @snadge,

I am sincerely sorry to hear of the experience you have had with your new contract and for the inconvenience this has caused you.

This is not the level of service we aim to provide and sorry that the issue has arisen. I have looked into this for you you and provided a response via the ticket here as it contains account specific in formation.

I am deeply sorry and please do not hesitate to get back to via that ticket if you have any further concerns as I would be happy to address them.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
snadge
Aspiring Pro

i have replied to the ticket, got no response, and plusnet have STILL taken the full £39.98 amount instead of the discounted price...

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @snadge,

Sorry if there has been some confusion, however I can assure you I have addressed this in my previous post above and via ticket on the account.

Please see the ticket here, which will advise what we have done to resolve this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
snadge
Aspiring Pro

happening AGAIN?

ever since i upgraded to 80MB ive had nothing but problems with billing.. I even got a letter and a chocloate bar by way of apology, now its happened again... £66 has been taken this month and my bill is only £32.99 - I dont have a home phone so there are no call charges.

Please.. can somebody take a deeper look into this as im constantly having to find out the hard way (after funds have been taken) , this needs to be rectified 

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @snadge, I have had a look further into this for you to find out why the bill is higher than expected.

Due to this containing information specific to your account, I have provided a more detailed response on the account which you can view here.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
snadge
Aspiring Pro

the reply says there are call charges...when in fact there are none?  zero calls made in Feb-Mar and zero calls made Mar-Apr - I dont have the house phone even connected to the telephone socket, only have the 1 master socket and no extensions, filter is plugged directly into the test socket for good measure...£33 on call charges? were?

my bill has been incorrect every month since December when i upgraded and Iam constantly having to chase this up, it seems that Plusnet are aware of billing issues according to other threads ive read

opera_2019-04-24_17-45-22.jpgopera_2019-04-24_17-46-53.jpgopera_2019-04-24_17-47-09.jpg

snadge
Aspiring Pro

....too add to my reply above...

....I notice that DLM has turned error protection back on and at setting of INP=3 and IL=1451 and the noise margin is lower at 5db, if there IS a crossed line then this is probably the reason

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @snadge, thanks for getting back to me.

It is certainly strange that your invoice doesn't reflect what you can see on itemised usage. I'm going to have a look further into this for you and speak with the relevant teams about this, I have moved your ticket to my personal pool and will get back to you tomorrow with an update on my findings.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
snadge
Aspiring Pro

@ LaurenB - any news yet?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

HI @snadge, sorry for not getting back to you on here. I added a further response on your ticket earlier on this evening.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
snadge
Aspiring Pro

Im at a loss with this, I do have a house phone but only connect it up for emergencies, the call charges for the 2 numbers dialled are just over £3, the other £29 is for 118500 when I dont recall using that?? what ridiculous charges, I have had strange appearances on bills in the past which got amended, I'm not at all happy about this as Iam adamant I did not call 118500 and certainly not repeated many times in the same day over 3 days to accumulate £30 worth of charges?Huh

is there anyway to reduce my allowance down to £5 please? I do not want any unexpected bills from ridiculous charges from numbers I dont ring

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me @snadge, if these calls haven't been made by yourself or anyone within the premise (and has happened before), we can arrange an engineer to investigate a crossed line for you, as if there is a crossed line there is the possibility this could occur again. If you would like us to do this please respond on our ticket with your availability (appointments are 8am-1pm or 1pm-6pm Mon-Fri).

I can amend the credit limit to £5 for you, if you can please reply on the ticket requesting this and let us know once done so can pick it up for you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Something that might be being overlooked is is the account Plusnet are looking at actually Snadge's account?

I'd of thought that if the calls were being made by a crossed line, then these calls should be showing on Snadge's account, should they not?

Is it possible that when the account was upgraded/renewed it could be down to human error and another account has been linked. Is this possible?

(I am aware that another customers account was linked to the wrong social media account (user didn't have twitter yet Plusnet linked it))

Is there a possibility that Plusnet have to correct BB account but the wrong phone account linked (maybe Snadge could carry out a refundable test call at a time agreed by both Plusnet and Snadge to verify it is the correct phone account)

Just my thoughts anway;)