cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer and lack of response

katrina47

Number transfer and lack of response

I am still trying ot sort out the level of refund after taking pulsate because they promised i could retain my old telephone number when i moved house back in October. It turned out i couldn't. This resulted in having a delay of about 6 weeks before i could get connected which meant relying on a mobile phone. I racked up over 70 pound in calls which plus net are not prepared to refund. Their offer was a refund of installation fee plus three months of free broadband. My broad band costs 2.50 per month. my contract is for a year only. So simple maths indicates the customer service is not great and i would probably be far better off going spoon whittling as their adverts suggest the service provided by other companies compare to.
I certainly don't intend to stay with plus net and advised all my friends and colleagues nationally and internationally against plus net.
Just composing yet another letter as they certainly done't seem to respond to phone calls.
2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Number transfer and lack of response

Hi Katrina. Welcome to the forums!
I've had a look back over your account to try and find out what happened here and it seems you were wanting us to supply services at a new address while retaining the number that was being supplied by another provider at your old address. Unfortunately this would not have been possible and I do apologise that you were ever advised otherwise.
I understand this caused delays, however from what I can see the phone installation was 3 weeks later than initially advised and part of this seems to have been caused by problems with the first appointment.
I do sincerely apologise for the problems/inconvenience this delay caused you, however I do believe the response from our complaints team is fair and proportionate.
Having looked into the details for you, I believe my colleagues offer of a refund of £49.99 and three months of free broadband (£29.97) service to be more than fair. I am sorry that you have chosen not to accept this. Having reviewed the situation, I don’t feel that we could justify any increase.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
katrina47

Re: Number transfer and lack of response

The offer does not clearly specify the format of the refund of installation fee £49.99 plus three months free broadband which you state is £29.97. Whilst this may be the standard cost of broadband you are failing to acknowledge that i as part of the deal i signed up to i pay £2.50 for my broadband. This does not compensate anywhere near enough the mobile phone bill of £74.62 i had as a result of not having phone and broadband services for over a month, not the stress, frustration and inconvenience incurred by lack of services.
What is not clear is if you are offering a financial refund of £29.97 plus £49.99 totalling £79.96 of if it is just free broadband.
Financial refund of £79.96 would equate to £5.34 as payment for stress and inconvenience.
If it is based on provision of broadband services, then from my calculations based on the agreed deal i signed up for a refund of three months broadband from what i pay plus the installation fee would equate to £57.49 (£7.50 + £49.99), this would result in a minimum deficit of £17.13 with no recognition of the stress and inconvenience caused by the provision of incorrect information from Plusnet and the resulting delays to provision of service.
This does not make me feel valued as a customer and suggests i would be better off going to whittle spoons as suggested by your advert.