cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number port Customer Letter of Authority

klemm
Dabbler

Number port Customer Letter of Authority

I need to complete this Customer Letter of Authority (CLoA) to port my number from plusnet to twilio.  What address and email address should I use for plusnet?

https://assets.cdn.prod.twilio.com/documents/UK_LOA.pdf

10 REPLIES 10
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Number port Customer Letter of Authority

@klemm 

I see that you are posting on the Home Phone Forum.

Presumably you are aware that if you port your number away from Plusnet that your broadband service will automatically cease and your account closed, possibly triggering Early Temination Charges?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Account/Billing

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

klemm
Dabbler

@Baldrick1 

Yes, fully aware.  I new have new separate FTTP line/service from another provider and been out-of-contract for many years paying massively over the odds.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Plusnet's address is:-

Plusnet PLC

The Balance

2 Pinfold Street

Sheffield

S1 2GU

That's what I used on a LoA , but there was no requirement for an email address and AFAIK there isn't one

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

klemm
Dabbler

I finally got around to doing this but new provider need some more information about my phone number carrier (apparently Plusnet PLC is just the retailer not a carrier).  I assume this is BT, my line and number has always been BT before plusnet.  

I found a list but my number could be with 001 or 293 according to https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm.

"If you are billed by a reseller, we also need to know the actual communication provider. Please, reach out to your reseller to get the losing provider information. Seems the losing carrier listed on the LOA -Plusnet Plc, is a Reseller and not an actual Losing Network communication provider (LCP). For porting we need to know who is the actual losing carrier provider(LCP) of the number. Could I please ask you to check with the end-user to reach out to Plusnet Plc in order to find out from where they are taking services for the number? So we can place the order to the correct LCP."

001 BT 01/1994
293 BT 06/2006
288 BT Global Services Ltd 05/2006
614 BT Lancashire Services Limited 10/2011
377 BT OnePhone Limited 11/2013
283 BT Wholesale 04/2006
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

LCP is 'losing communication provider' and it is Plusnet Plc!

What you're being told is rubbish

BT is likely the Range holder (RH) but the port request must go to the LCP  since they are the current 'owner' of the active line.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

klemm
Dabbler

😩 this is much harder than it should be.

I've told them the Network Provider is BT and reaffirmed the Retailer/CP is Plusnet (LCP).

Lots of confusing info even from the gaining provider https://support.twilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/226194807-United-Kingdom-Porting#:~:text=the%20port%20o...

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

May I ask , why twilio ? Aren't they US  based

I'd try porting to a UK supplier who actually understands the process

klemm
Dabbler

HQ is US but they have global infrastructure.

Main advantage to me is cost and flexibility.  Port costs $5, then monthly fee for number hosting is £0.94.  Everything else is usage based, I rarely use the number but didn't want to loose ownership of it when I cease my copper line.

Twilio is not really a consumer based VOIP but I have commercial and software development experience on their platform. 

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

OK, fair enough.

I'll try and find a copy of my port forms when I ported to Sipgate and pm a copy to you for information

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@klemm  ok , I've checked back at my porting and LoA forms, most of the information is personal e.g name, address, phone number etc so I can't really post or pm it.

However on the LoA ,  Current Service provider is specified as :-  Plusnet PLC, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St, Sheffield, S1 2GU 

Again on the Port form , Current provider is specified as :- Plusnet PLC, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St, Sheffield, S1 2GU 

There's one other bit of info on my port form that's not personal , an account no which I assume I got from a Plusnet bill