cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now just what was/is the Customer Options Team phone number...to get that deal?

Routefinder
Grafter

Now just what was/is the Customer Options Team phone number...to get that deal?

Morning all
All being well Fibre, like Xmas, is coming to the cabinet near me (the FTTC cabinet is there at last but service due, soon???) and as noted elsewhere on a couple of other older threads I like many PN subscribers are long term loyalists seeking the best offers.....................I have been 'here' since July 2000 ~ phew!
I am currently on PlusNet Unlimited (ADSL service) and as noted above Fibre is coming it seems in the next few weeks, so as a loyal customer I obviously wish to have the best priced service and it was noted and mentioned on other threads that come the time to request the upgrade to Fibre one should call the Customer Options Team number to discuss and get that incentivised price offering, so just what is the phone number I should be calling???
For the record when I call them:-
1) I have no wish to threaten to leave PlusNet to get a "we can do this specially for you sir...." that should not be necessary to obtain the best possible deal!
2) Nor do I want to switch my phone service ~ I have used and only want my BB service with PN  Cool
3) I do not want to be treated like a double glazing customer where the best deal is "worked out by calling the local manager as only he can do that..."
4) Maybe PN have an internal system so that the DCT member seeing this can put a note/flag on my account that the COT would see and act accordingly when I make that call to them Wink
So many thanks in advance for the COT number and any insight by others who called and to the DCT member posting with any feedback  Wink Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Now just what was/is the Customer Options Team phone number...to get that deal?

http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
Residential cancellations
0845 140 6002
0330 123 9197
I would state that it is unlikely we will be able to do much without your moving phone to us - I may be wrong however.
Routefinder
Grafter

Re: Now just what was/is the Customer Options Team phone number...to get that deal?

Hi James
Many thanks for the prompt reply  Smiley
In regard to the number I do find it somewhat disconcerting that the number I am to use is the "cancellations" number  Sad .
The inference is that the only way to discuss accounts related services, retention of loyal customers et al is by talking to someone whose training & mindset is predisposed to "this customer wants to leave...." because as stated I do not wish to leave but just be treated well because I am a loyal customer........................how hard can that be  Undecided Cry Grin
However, c'est la vie I will phone them when the time comes and see whether and indeed just what the COT can do for me???  Afterall something is better than nothing and the more something the better it is  Wink Cheesy
Edit ~ silly thought was it is like having the services of the clergy ~ hatches(joining), matches(support) & dispatches('leaving') all too black & white with limits to flexibility.  Not a good analogy but I did say it was a silly thought  Grin
James
Grafter

It is the cancellations number, but that team also deal with recontracts and the like.
Routefinder
Grafter

Quote from: James
It is the cancellations number, but that team also deal with recontracts and the like.

Ah! OK but can I suggest it be called Account(s) Services if that is the service they provide..................though it has been a very long time since I phoned any other utilities accounts service, I do not recall it being referred to as the cancellations team. Just seems so negative!  Perhaps it is a sign of the times and the way ISP's are different to all other public type services???
James
Grafter

I think it is because we have to be very clear about our cancellation policy and make it clear on the website that that is the number you need to call to cancel services.
The actually team name is the Customer Options Team.