cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now charging for the wifi routers ?

blackrat999
Grafter

Now charging for the wifi routers ?

Ouch!  >:(- i have just signed someone up to Option 1 and 9.99 phone package and found to my dismay when i got there that she was charged £29.99 for the (previously free) 1 port wireless router ! I nearly lost the referral i have to say as i had been through it all with this customer a few times about how much it was all going to cost.
It would be helpful if when PN change something like this that referees get notified so as not to make it look like you dont know what you are doing !!
Is this how the current 4x payments are being funded ?  Wink
cheers
Richard
5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Now charging for the wifi routers ?

did you read it correctly?
2 - You'll get a free 1-port router if you stay with us for 12 months. If you leave within 12 months you'll pay the full cost of the router (read Terms and Conditions).
and from a couple of days ago James said they are not currently shipping the one port
from http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/?resheader=broadbandtab
prichardson
Grafter

BBYW Option 1 has always only come with a wired router under the offer on the account.
Only Option 2 and above had the wireless options for this.
All products come with the ability to upgrade the router to a better option for a charge.
blackrat999
Grafter

Well i could have sworn that i have signed up several to Option 1 and they have had a free 1 port wifi router ? If not then i stand corrected. Lips_are_sealed
thanks
Richard
pierre_pierre
Grafter

they used to come with the voyager 210 wired router
James
Grafter

Quote from: blackrat999
Well i could have sworn that i have signed up several to Option 1 and they have had a free 1 port wifi router ? If not then i stand corrected. Lips_are_sealed

Fraid not.  Option 1 has always had a 1 port wired, although uSwitch were running a promotion on Option 1 with a Wireless Router.