cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification to leave Plusnet

AndyGMB
Grafter

Notification to leave Plusnet

I posted on Tuesday but haven't heard anything from anyone who works for Plusnet yet.

My previous post read as follows...
"I received an email from Plusnet a couple of weeks ago and it said to contact you on your 0800 587 1960 number.
I would prefer to deal with this matter by email or raising a ticket as the one and only time I dealt with one of your phone advisers they messed up very badly and it became a protracted and unpleasant affair.
Because of this I'd prefer to have things in writing so would it be possible to raise a ticket for me
or have somebody email me?"

The email I refer to (main body of email copied at end of this post) stated...
"If you’re not happy with any of the changes and do decide to leave as a result, you won’t have to pay an early termination charge"

I would like to leave and I would like somebody from Plusnet to acknowledge this and let me know so that I can begin the migration process to my new provider.
Thanks in advance.

Main body of email you sent (dated 11th February)...
"Important information about your prices
Hello Andrew
We recently got in touch to let you know about the changes we were making to our call plan prices and call charges to landlines and mobiles from 3rd December 2019. Following this notification you then chose to remove your call plan.
We should have made these changes clearer to you and that if you wanted to leave your contract* because of these changes you could have done so without paying an early termination charge.
So if you have made any chargeable calls we’re going to credit your account to cover the increased cost of these calls until 12th March 2020. A credit will be applied onto your first bill after 12th March 2020. Following this date, the new call charges will apply. If you wish to take another call plan, the new call plan charges will now apply. We’ve set these charges out below.
If you’re not happy with any of the changes and do decide to leave as a result, you won’t have to pay an early termination charge. Just get in touch with us on 0800 587 1960 "0800 587 1960"::tel:+448005871960 within a month of receiving this email and give us 14 days’ notice."

11 REPLIES 11
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Notification to leave Plusnet

AndyGMB
Grafter

I don't use CHAT, even if it wasn't down most of the time and I explained why I don't want to have to rely on a phone call.
There is no reason at all why my message here can't be passed on to the relevant person and acknowledged.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

I guess you could always write a letter if you don't trust the phone.

Personally I would ring and ask that the agent confirms the results of the discussion on a ticket. You then have something to chase backed up with a recorded phone call. This is then not 'reliant on a phone call'. 

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

AndyGMB
Grafter

As I said, after their previous terrible service over the phone which led me to having to take things to the ombudsman, I want things in writing and, while I understand that people are only trying to be helpful, answering my post has simply served to knock it out of the Unanswered Topics which will, I'm sure, make it less likely that anyone working for Plusnet replies.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

The problem with posting on a public forum is that members of the public are likely to respond.

It is clearly a matter of principal that you get attention from a Plusnet staffer so I will withdraw gracefully.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

AndyGMB
Grafter

I know and thank you for trying to help.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@Gel  Chat has been closed down.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @AndyGMB,

We wrote to all our customers in October to let them know about some price changes happening in December. We didn't make it clear to Fixed Priced Contract customers about prices changes, including some charges outside of their contract and we should have given some of them the right to leave if they weren't happy with the changes.
We're sorry that we weren't clear enough, and we're now contacting our Fixed Price Contract customers to let some know that they are able to leave their contract and for some we will be refunding any additional charges they may have had since the prices changed in December.

I'm afraid that we cannot discuss this matter further via the Community Forums and I would strongly recommend calling the provided number.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
AndyGMB
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for answering my post.
Is there any specific reason why my notification to quit can't simply be passed on to the relevant department without having to sit at the telephone for ages waiting for an answer?

All I would have to say on the telephone I have already said here.
I intend to leave Plusnet without any early termination charge as stated in your email to me and I would like to get on with the migration process immediately.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

All cancellation requests need to be made via phone or letter as outline in term and conditions I am afraid @AndyGMB. This is to ensure that the right action is taken and any questions can be asked on that call should there be any confusion.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
AndyGMB
Grafter

Thank you for the reply.
I supopose I have no choice but to waste my time and one of your staff's with a phone call then.