cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on my calendar - do not forget to cancel

monabri
Grafter

Note on my calendar - do not forget to cancel

30 Nov 2015 - end of line rental contract. Cancel Plusnet landline.
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Note on my calendar - do not forget to cancel

Sorry to hear that.
Mind if I ask why? little puzzled by your post Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
monabri
Grafter

Adam,
Simply due to a price rise of 19% (!!) on the cost of the annual landline. I opened a ticket to inquire as to the reason for the 19% rise in the cost of a telephone line (especially when "others" - SSE / Post Office) can offer a cheaper line - eg Post Office at £12 pm on the annual rental.
Three Plusnet replies - alll along the lines that the cost of your telephone line has increased - because people are using more data on their ( I presume Unlimited broadband accounts) or/and staff training / better support. I phoned your customer retention team (28 minutes on the phone to get a reply btw) but I realised that as I had paid up front for my phone line to end of Nov I would waste money by leaving now.
I fail to see the link between the cost of a telephone line and better technical support at Plusnet (your business model should not rely on customers paying more and more so you can offer a better service!) - nor the amount of data used on unlimited accounts (your business model  again). So, I concluded that you are simply putting prices up for no good reason other than to cross subsidise other Plusnet products.
If I had not paid up front for the phone line I would have moved (to the Post Office) the landline and then - at the end of the contract for Fibre - I will "doing a google" for a better deal.
I've been with Plusnet since 2002 but these stupid price rises gave me a kick up the behind and - lo and behold - I found I could save about £126 a year on the phone line alone..
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Phone rental with caller display and anytime calls:
Plusnet £287.76 (mobile calls 12p per minute)
Post Office £249 (mobile calls 10p per minute)
Even allowing for the extra £2.50 ripoff charge Plusnet impose for not using their phone, the Post Office is still cheaper.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)