cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving referral payments

baroudeur
Hooked

Not receiving referral payments

I have been on a 100% discounted broadband for some years. I have referrals going back over the same period which cannot be offset against my broadband account so every four months I receive a message that £5 (4 x £1.25) will be refunded by cheque.  This has never happened despite a number of messages to request it be sorted. According to my account I have had referral  refunds of £59 but these have never been received.

Does the Plusnet accounts department ever balance its books?

6 REPLIES 6
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Not receiving referral payments

Hi there,

Whilst the tickets had been created automatically, advising us to send you a cheque refund, I can see that the refunds were actually sent back to your bank account via the direct debit instruction.

Here's one example: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=128239712

I hope this helps clarify things

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
baroudeur
Hooked

I have checked again and repeat I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED ANY REFUNDS to my bank account.  It seems that accounts has no idea of what actually happens to the credits it issues.

As the phone and broadband are billed and debited together  why my account  cannot be credited is a mystery known only to Plusnet.

As my referral has now changed to another ISP I will no longer have this problem but it would be nice to receive the payments owing to me especially as I have upgraded to fibre now that it is available where I live..

Edit:  Referring to a single message that a cheque  for £5 should be issued does not mean that it was. I am owed a considerably larger amount than £5  over  a long period of time so it would be  helpful it you confined your reply to facts rather than assumptions.

With apologies for the curt response but I was advised to use the forum to resolve this long standing situation which has resulted in it  is now reaching  the ridiculous situation of ever increasing circles.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gandalf What you claim you can see, that is credits to the OP's bank account do not seem to tally with the assertion that no payments have been received. I think the ball's in your court.Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear that

From our side the refunds show to have been issued. To further investigate this, we'd need to see a copy of your bank statement in relation to the direct debit instruction that's held on your account. You can attach it to this ticket

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
baroudeur
Hooked

The matter has been resolved.  I accept some blame for relying on  being informed, many times in the past, that  the refunds would be raised as cheques.  It now transpires that the refunds were made by direct debit albeit at  irregular intervals and overlooked by me when checking my bank statements.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Happy to hear we've got to the bottom of this. Let us know if you have any further issues.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet