cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not quite the place, as I'm not yet on Fibre, but was about to order!

FIXED
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Not quite the place, as I'm not yet on Fibre, but was about to order!

Just when I thought I'd got my head round the figures (which due to years is mot as easy as it wasRoll_eyesCry), along comes a price rise!

All the figures quoted for folk, who have joined PN over a number of years, how the rises will affect them, make the head spin.

Please, can a staff member confirm, what my costs will be, if I switch now?

Low cost area, currently on Unlimited  BB only @£9.99/ mth to upgrade to 38 MB fibre .

What will out of contract costs be?

Thank you.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
11 REPLIES 11
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Re: Not quite the place, as I'm not yet on Fibre, but was about to order!

I don't think you will get a definitive price from the forum staff. They will almost certainly suggest contacting the COT (Customer Options Team). Then you have to haggle for the best deal you can get. I would expect they can offer you some discount for a number of months but the overall price is likely to be worse than a new customer could get. That seems to be they way ISPs work. Hope you can negotiate a good price.Smiley

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi Luzern.
Yeah I’d also recommend discussing fibre deals with Customer Options. We’ll be happy to arrange a call back tomorrow if you want?
Out of contract costs for Unlimited Fibre 38mbps would be £14.99 plus line rental/any phone packages you might have. When the price increase comes into effect I believe it’ll be £1 more.

Hope this helps.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Luzern
Hero

TBH I'm not fussed, so have bitten bullet without salt and mustard. Going over next Mon with finger crossed I get on Huwaei cab not the ECI attached to my PCP.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'm glad to see you've decided to upgrade to fibre.

I've checked your order and I can see it's been delayed to 23rd due to engineer availability.

Please let us know if you have any issues when that time comes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Luzern
Hero

I ordered the router without thought. Is there still time to cancel the router, please? I can see no easy way. Embarrassed

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix
No worries. If it’s not been processed through our system by tomorrow I’ll be able to cancel the order, though I suspect it might be too late. Could always send you a free-post returns bag. Do you have your own compatible modem router you’re wanting to use instead?
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Luzern
Hero

@Anoush Thank you! Yes, I do have a compatible router, but temporarily wasn't using it, and "out of sight ..."!

If the router is on despatch, I'd like a returns bag.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Luzern for £6.99 its well having the standard router in case of any issues in the future. PN support will struggle to help with any other compatible devices.

Luzern
Hero

@MustrumYou may be right, but perhaps crossing bridges is best done, when they're present. Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Doesn't look like the router has yet been ordered with our suppliers, so I've stopped it from going out.

Let us know if you would like one though?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet