cloudempire
Dabbler

Re: Not paid a bill this month

Please let us know how you get on!

beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

The bill arrived, looks about right for 90 days, lots of adjustments to get there, maybe a bit light but I'm not complaining; d/d went out about a week later.

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Glad to hear that @beeceegee,

I am sorry for the time it has taken to get this issue rectified for you. Let us know if you have any further queries please.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
stewp
Grafter

I still haven't got a bill (thread starter)
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

I am sorry to hear that @stewp,

I an assure you that the relevant team are still working through a list of account affected by this issue. We will let you know once the issue is resolved.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
stewp
Grafter

So, I have finally received an update from Plusnet.

###
We want to apologise for the continued delay you’ve had in waiting for your next bill from us. We’re still working to resolve the issues that have prevented us from sending an up-to-date bill, and we’re hoping to be able to send it out to you within the next month. We’ll be in touch with you if it will be longer.

We want to reassure you that when you receive your bill, it will only contain charges for a maximum of your last three months of service and usage – if it is longer than three months since your last bill then please be reassured you won’t be charged for the full period.

There is a possibility that when we release your bill, it will coincide with your normal billing date. Because you pay for each month in advance, your bill may contain up to three months’ worth of backdated charges, plus the fee for your upcoming month. As a reminder, your normal bill date is the 15th of each month.

We're sorry for the time it's taking to fix this issue, we know it's not the service you expect from Plusnet but we're working hard to put things right. There’s nothing you need to do, and your broadband and associated services will continue as normal. If you do have any questions at all please get in touch on 0800 432 0200.

Best wishes,

Team Plusnet
###

A few questions:
1) I was assured that I would be able to repay in installments, as it current reads - I will be stung with an instant 4 month bill? Or potentially at least
2) I cancelled the TV package before the time of your billing issue. I assume that this is accounted for (I'd really like an itemized bill to query if I am honest)?

Thanks fir taking the time to look at this.
Misterel1
Dabbler

I've had the same email - which is fine, I'm glad to hear the billing issues are being sorted out - but I've had the email on two accounts (quoting their different payment dates) - my "old" account which first experienced the payment issue and was mothballed/ closed / then resurrected as email-only (as all my email is still routed through it) and my current broadband account (created by Plusnet in an unsuccessful attempt to resolve the billing issues).

The emails suggest that the resurrected billing system may currently see both as live and valid... I'm anticipating 3-4 months of payments at once when things are sorted out (as that has been the stated position for some time) but I don't expect to pay that on more than one account - the only reason I have two accounts is due to this payment issue and attempts to resolve it.

stewp
Grafter

I have a support ticket which states...

####

Good evening

First of all apology for the inconvenience it caused.

We have already escalated this issue to the relevant department to resolve and it will take some time, I can understand if bill has not generated so it might generate one lump sum amount because of this issue is from our side so we will provide you some option to pay like Payment plan which will help you out.

Kind regards,

####

I am unaware of there is/was a change in stance and have not received any communication to the contrary.

Thanks,
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @stewp and @Misterel1

Thanks for your comments and I apologise for the delayed response.

As you are aware, a small percentage of our customers have been experiencing issues with their accounts from the new billing system that we introduced at the end of last year. We’ve worked hard to fix the issues and during this time we haven’t billed these customers.

We are now contacting these customers to let them know we will be restarting their bills. We want to reassure you that your first bill from us will only contain backdated charges for a maximum of the last three months, and any charges for periods longer than this have been written-off free of charge.

It is worth noting that there are customers who have ceased their service in the later stages of 2018 who may have received this email, I would advise in this circumstance that the invoice may just be a statement of the account itself.

@Minsterel1 regarding your closed account please do not worry, this will show as an email only account and this will be taken into consideration.

@stewp In response to your 2 points raised, yes a payment plan will be a potential payment option should this be required and any previously ceased products such as Youview will only appear if the cease date was within the period whereby the billing issues occurred. Rest assured if you need any assistance when the invoice arrives then we would ask you to get in touch and we will be here to help.

stewp
Grafter

Hi,

I finally received a bill (£100). It appears I am out of contract at the moment as well. Existing customer deals appear woeful (in comparison to new customer deals and deals for other company's). I usually don't mind eating the few £'s a month difference in deals, but it's currently about £10 a month difference. 

One question: Can I move to another provider now or do i need to wait to make sure the bill is processed?

Thanks,

Stewp

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @stewp,

Thank you for getting in back touch. As we've already applied to take this payment via direct debit, moving to a new provider wouldn't affect this payment.

I'm sorry to hear that you've not been able to find a suitable existing customer deal with us. if you've not done so already, I'd recommend speaking to our customer options team as they have access to our best offers for existing customers. Their direct number is 0800 432 0080 and they're open between the following hours:

8am - 8pm Monday - Friday
9am - 7pm Saturday
9am - 6pm Sunday

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team