cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not interested in keeping a loyal customer :(

rugbyguy

Re: Not interested in keeping a loyal customer :(

This is what I went for, cheaper than renewal from PN and it's Fibre Broadband unlimited.

As long as your router connects to fibre you should be OK.

I bought the new router as well, the new super duper jobo for £59 as it will be fibre I'm getting.

Look on BT offers or Broadband choices etc. I believe the BT offer is open till end of month.

greengrass
Grafter

Did you mean to post a link rugbyguy?

rugbyguy

NO, Just go to BT website or google Broadbandchoices, it's all there.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

BT's current offers run for another two days, i.e. till midnight Thursday (after which they'll probably put up even better offers Laugh )

MrSilver
Pro
Fixes: 9

Did you get in before the price rises?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38694013
techno12

It's annoying.

I've just got off both the phone and live chat with customer options.

My old 24 month 'deal' expired last week, so I'm now facing a near 100% price hike for fast fibre from £10 to £19.99. The best they could offer me was another 24 month contract at £14.99, so a 50% hike on what I'm paying now (excluding line rental of course). I might be tempted if it was 12-month, but not 24, as everyone is switching to cheaper, 'all in' pricing.

The annoyance is that there's a new customer deal of £28 all in, which is roughly the same as what I've been paying this past 2 years. However, the first customer options adviser told me that it's an uneconomic business model and hence they can't offer this to existing customers. 

Need to do some research on possible alternatives, though I get the full 76/20 and the service has been rock solid so don't fancy jumping ship.

rugbyguy

Ask your partner to take the option, then they are a NEW customer !

Also as I have just found out your email only stays alive for 24hrs after your release, just a thought.

You are a customer only just for the money, there is no sentiment lost here.

At least I am now on fibre out in the sticks and on a cheaper rate and it was all connected on time & due date.

techno12

Had retentions call me a couple of days ago, offering £14.99 for 18 months. Tempting, as it's cheaper than the £19.99 I've reverted to, but still a 50% price hike.

I said I'd think about it, and the guy promised to call me next day. As predicted, no call next day. !!

Retentions called me again the day after, offering £17.99 for 24 month contract. Cheeky sod! He went down to £14.99 for 24 months, so still that 50% hike, but I had to go for it, as the service has been rock solid 76/17 ish for nearly 4 years.

Still fuming about the 50% hike, especially as new punters got it at a decent rate. All I ever get is "ooh, all companies do that" which is absolute rubbish as I have to dance the silly dance every year with the AA and Vodafone to phone up rententions and I always get way way better deals than new punter ones. As I did with Plusnet 2 years ago when straight away they offered it for £10 for 24 months.

Let me know if you do better than £14.99, and I'll cancel and take action (within my 14 days) as I'm not happy 

Cheers!

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

The BTWholesale cost for an 80/20 FTTC connection is £16 per month, ex. VAT. And then bandwidth shared by everyone has to be purchased at over £40 per 1Mbit/s per month. OK so there's quite a lot of profit on the line rental, but even then, you can hopefully see that at some point, offering such low prices becomes unsustainable.