cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not interested in keeping a loyal customer :(

jaminben

Not interested in keeping a loyal customer :(

Hello,

What's the best offer you've had to keep you business with PlusNet?  I'm just out of contract and the best the can offer me is £32.50 a month including line rental... if I were a new customer I could have gotten it for £25 a month.

I guess the "We'll do you proud" doesn't apply anymore.

While I'm on a rant, I found a price list on the website which suggests that they offer Unlimited Fibre Broadband on table 3 using the outside low cost area guide for £22.49 a month (Broadband & Phone). Yet when I queried the offer I was told that price didn't include line rental and the actual price was £22.49 + £17.99 for line rental.... does that make any sense?

Thanks

Ben

23 REPLIES 23
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: Not interested in keeping a loyal customer :(

Customer loyalty counts for nothing these days.  The best, although somewhat inconvenient, thing to do is to switch every time your contract runs out.  You'll be left with a loft full of routers, but a slightly healthier bank balance.  The claim "We'll do you proud" would seem to be aimed at PN's directors, not customers.

MrSilver
Pro

So that page link had this table, 

No Contract  Broadband Only £22.49
Broadband & Phone £12.50 for the first 12 months, £19.99 thereafter

the second row then shows what it would cost if you also have a phone withthem too, i read the table as the broadband will cost you £12.50 and then £19.99

Under the phone table it then has line rental only £17.99

So you could have it for £22.49 but you would have to get someone else to provide you with a phone line still to put their £22.49 broadband on i.e. always buy as a bundle if you want it cheaper usually! (not always, some found good combos to save money!) Also easier if phone+bb are with same provider for faults.

If you have a partner you could always get them to sign up at the same address as a working line takeover as a new customer, that would get you the new customer deal and shouldn't lose much service.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Can you honestly describe yourself as a loyal customer if your loyalty is conditional on receiving the lowest possible price?

jaminben

Yes... I'm the customer and with an attitude like yours it's no wonder we as a nation get ripped off all the time.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I think it's the ridiculously low prices for new customers that are the problem. Considering how important their Internet connections are for a lot of people, I don't think the prices really reflect that.

Jonpe
Hero

I'm sure there are people who'd be prepared to pay a little more for a fast and reliable service and accurate bills.  The time taken (i.e. wasted) trying to get through to CS would be totally irrelevant if the service was so good that one didn't have to try.

RJM
Rising Star

Loyalty should work both ways.

jaminben

Indeed it should, I went from £17.99 to £35.98 and I wanted to find something in the middle of the two.... PlusNet couldn't help so I've signed up with another provider.

Jonpe
Hero

May we know which other provider?

jaminben

BT.... gone from:

20Mb ADSL + Line Rental @ £35.98 month

to

52Mb Fibre + Line Rental + Inclusive Weekend Calls + £150 Cash Card @ £22.48 month (£29.99x12+£59.99-£150\12)

rugbyguy

Same hear, Sadly went back to BT.

Their offer as new customer was cheaper and faster with fibre than PN.

Also there is a £125 voucher at moment.

PN really ought to sort this out.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Interesting that TalkTalk now trumpets in its advertising that its deals are for existing customers as well as new. Maybe this will catch on, be a new trend.

I could never understand why these companies seem to care so little for existing customers. I mean it's money for old rope. They're already connected and running, no real work involved.

After the current data debacle maybe plusnet will have no choice except to take a similar line. I can see the headline now "Loyal customers We'll do you proud".

cooldude50
Rising Star

Re - Talk Talk -Not everyone wants a 24 Month contract

Origin Broadband are worth a look - + cashback offered via Quidco and TCB

greengrass
Grafter

Mine is up for renewal soon so glad I read this.

If you go back to BT do you have to buy their router and pay a connection fee?

I am actually still using the HH3 and have a brand new, unused HH4.

I just want line rental which I will pay in advance, unlimited BB and free anytime calls.