cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy with Plusnet Billing..

ceedy
Grafter

Not happy with Plusnet Billing..

Been with  P-Net for a few years will very little problem ..
Paid for line saver last year , which because of a billing hiccup last year ended up out of sync with my yearly contract.
So this year  rang in March to haggle a new contract price. all sorted  ok ,  but my line rental was not due for 2 more months .
When I spoke to the customer sservice It was sid I could new the line saver nearer the time .
I was expecting some sort of reminder , but this never  appeared ( it seems in Plusnets eyes ,  an email in March,  2 months before  suffices as a reminder??  ::).
But recently  got the usual  2 emails saying my new  "pending"  bill this months was  25.99 .. eek ..  should be a lot lower with linesaver already paid .
why is it always 2  emails , isn't one enough ??.
Had a quick peek  at the member center and saw the line saver expired on the 28-5.. so  i renewed the line saver immediately  on the 29th.
But it seems to plus net expiring on the 28th and renewing on the 29th isn't enough continuity ?
and a pending bill  isn't actually pending then >>  its actually due , and I didn't  renew in time ??.
Just a nice example of customer care .. NOT!.
a not happy customer
C,
10 REPLIES 10
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Not happy with Plusnet Billing..

I'm sorry that you feel that we haven't done enough to notify you of your Line Rental Saver (LRS) renewal. We notify customers three months prior to the LRS coming to an end to give you time to make preparations for the payment to be made.
Within this period, you should have been able to renew your LRS online at https://portal.plus.net/apps/linerental/saver/portal - I'm sorry if this wasn't the case.
The 'Pending' amount probably was pending, especially if you make payment via Direct Debit, once the request for payment is made via Direct Debit, this is marked as a pending transaction.
I'll take your comments/feedback on board and I'll ensure it's fed back into the relevant team, I'm sorry that you've found this process to be so painful.
ceedy
Grafter

Thanks for reply,  but its one of those sorts of  pendantcism  over a  few hours that  just adds to the P?ss factor is any relationship.
I have no problem paying at any time , and  as its a few minutes to do online , i just cannot see why any reminder is months ahead  and then can so easily be missed in such a long tine scale . as happened here .. if  I had gone a few days without renewing  i could not see any problem with charging the full amount ,  but a few hours and consecutive days ? well ... hmm.  >:(..  a bit " jobsworth! ..
Just one if those situations that  leave bad taste in the mouth..
C.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to us Ceedy,
I can appreciate how this would leave a bad taste in your mouth however the systems for LRS expiry and billing are automated as this isn't something we have the manpower to do on a manual basis. As such the system has to be scripted to say that a service ends on a set date and after this it will default to standard line rental unless renewed. Billing also works in the same way and will request a payment on a set date and the amount will be dependent on the services the customer has at that time.
Unfortunately we can't include leeway in a script to take additional factors into consideration when it comes to LRS and billing surrounding the end of its subscription. This would add a great deal of complexity into logic behind the scripting which would raise more issues than it could potentially fix which is why we choose to have the rules set for a certain date without deviation.
We understand that in some rare cases it will cause potential problems or upset however we have to have regimented order where product changes and billing are concerned and we're sorry if this has caused an issue for you in this instance.
daskinner
Grafter

the same happened to me... got an email 3 months before it was due and then nothing..
Just glad my contract is now up and fibre is becoming available at my exchange it means I can have a nice chat with BT.
I came on this forum today to ask about fibre and how quick PN could set me up and I just go a few links to websites. the good old PN customercare has gone.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi daskinner,
You've asked us how long it would take for us to get you connected. I explained that it's dependent on engineer availability so I couldn't give a fixed date.
I supplied you with a link to keep an eye on for when Fibre does become available, so that you can place an order with us, should you want to.
I'm not sure what further information I could have provided you with? If there is a way that we can support you better, please let us know and we'll see what we can do.
daskinner
Grafter

maybe you could have tried to check your system and provided me with some real detail rather than here is a link to a BT website.
I had already checked the openreach website using my postal code and it's accepting orders, as per my post it only moved to this status today so again you might have been bothered to check it?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I had already checked your account which didn't show that Fibre was available, it also didn't supply me with a date for Fibre to be available.
I provided you with the Availability Checker link so you can keep an eye on this and place an order when Fibre is available.
daskinner
Grafter

Super thanks Chris
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Plusnet don't have their own database of availability - they pull it from the BT Wholesale system. Chris gave you the link to get the up to the second data from the horse's mouth!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ceedy
Grafter

I just noticed that I  never  posted the final outcome of this .....  double  doh!!! ... apologies ...

I  was given a refund on the diiference in cost , without asking  for it , I might add.... SO!!    Brownies points to  P-Net.

Chris