Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not giving correct contract end date

FIXED
eeveevolvePlus
Hooked

Not giving correct contract end date

Online chat is like banging your head against a wall. 

In may when the price rise came into effect, I took advantage of the Fibre extra offer. 
 As part of the upgrade it stated 'Change to this package and remain on your current 24 month contract (13 months remaining).Link to the advert

My account is showing that I am in contract until November 2019 when it should be June 2019.

Now the man on chat is saying that I agreed to a new 18 month contract at the time and there is nothing they can do. He couldn't even open up the link I sent to imgur (Yeh right).

Anyone done similar back in may and got or are getting the runaround?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Not giving correct contract end date

Fix

Sorry to hear this.

From what I can see the length of your contract was emailed to you at the time as per this service notice.

That said, and whilst we can't access file sharing sites like Imgur internally, I had a read of this while at home last night and opened your screenshot there. It does look a bit contradictory and I'm sorry for that.

On this occasion and while we can't shorten your contract length, I've made a note on your account to advise of this.

If you decide to leave us before November 2019 but after June 2019, you'd need to contact us and we'll make sure we apply no early termination charges. Similarly, if you would like to renew your contract, we'd be able to do that too at no penalty.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
eeveevolvePlus
Hooked

Thankyou for your reply. 

Your solution seems fair. I wasnt considering leaving, but it also pays to keep options open. Smiley

Just wondering why on the advert at the time It would even state 'stay on your current contract' when your systems cant do that.

Regards,

Damon.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem Damon.

We can retain a current contract period, though we'd generally only do this if you were upgrading with no discount paying the full cost of the service, but from the length of the cost promotional discount shown in the screenshot above, on this occasion it indicated you'd be on an 18 month contract while also retaining the current period, so looks like the system got confused. 

If you have any further queries, please feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet