cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not even connected yet theres a problem.

Devonian
Grafter

Not even connected yet theres a problem.

I arrived home from work an hour ago to find an Email from PlusNet informing me they had tried to take a payment, but it failed, and if I dont pay the bill, then the order will be cancelled.
Ok, heres my view on things.
1. Im not even a connected customer yet, so there is nothing to pay. (because something could go wrong during migration reslulting in the delay/cancellation of my order)
2. No Bill was produced to me.
3. No notice was given that my account was to be debited, as required by law.
4. I have a basic account set up just for paying bills - I get a Bill, I then transfer money to that account to pay it.  No Bill = No money.
5. I asked PlusNet and on the forum, about a first payment, and was told a few days AFTER migration a bill would be produced that would put me a month in advance.

This really is poor show.
Once I heard about the PlusNet/BT connection I was worried as to the level of service I would receive, yet the good people on this forum put my mind at ease.
I am again worried that I am joining BT's little brother.
Not a good start PlusNet.
Produce a Bill and I will pay it.
As for the threat to cancel my order, that is just out of order.
No Bill = no payment, it really is that simple.
10 REPLIES 10
Devonian
Grafter

Re: Not even connected yet theres a problem.

OOps, could a MOD pop this in the right section... I dont know how it ended up here!!  Shocked
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

moved
Devonian
Grafter

Thank you OldJim.  Wink
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Devonian,
I'm sorry to hear about this, it does appear that there is a misunderstanding between us about how we bill our customers for services.
We don't actually issue a bill. Billing is carried out one month in advance for your subscription fees. In this case this is what we call the initial fee which we tend to take a few days after the point of signing up for an account.
Our billing is also intended to be cleared automatically via direct debit which means we do have to e-mail you an advance notification of billing, I'm assuming that you have received this?
With regards to this fee I'm sorry if you feel that the e-mail sounded threatening, it's not meant to. We do have our interests to look after which is why we cancel the order if payment is not made within a certain timescale, we really don't intend on bullying anyone. If there is a reason that you are not able to pay this straight away then let me know (either on this thread or a private message) and something will be arranged. Otherwise I can re-submit this payment via your card details if you like?
Produce a Bill and I will pay it..

As mentioned you should have received an advance notification of billing. If not you can log into our website and head for 'view transactions' this will show you a printable invoice. Failing that please let me know.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

Hi Adam, thanks for the reply.
No I haven't received any kind of billing from PlusNet.
When I signed up, I was told via the website that money for the first bill is taken before the order is put through.
I thought this a little strange, and rang PlusNet.
The chap who was very polite and helpful I might add, told me that it is a system glitich, and that the first months subscription is taken a day or 2 after order completion.
Now the problem is I dont have internet connection at home, other than my phone, so until I get to work at 7pm tonight, I cant put money into my account for the payment to be taken as my account is internet based, and the security features don't work on my phone.
Will this be a problem for the order, as migration is tomorrow?
Thanks again for a quick reply.
Smiley Smiley
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there,
No I haven't received any kind of billing from PlusNet.

As mentioned we don't send a bill per se, just an e-mail to notify you of what is due to be billed. Could you send me a PM with your address and I will e-mail you an invoice. Also you might want to log on to our website and look at your account details to make sure you have the right contact e-mail address listed.
When I signed up, I was told via the website that money for the first bill is taken before the order is put through.
I thought this a little strange, and rang PlusNet.

That is absolutely correct
Now the problem is I don't have internet connection at home, other than my phone, so until I get to work at 7pm tonight, I cant put money into my account for the payment to be taken as my account is internet based, and the security features don't work on my phone.

can you let me know when funds will be available and I'll resubmit the payment.
Will this be a problem for the order, as migration is tomorrow?

As you've contacted us we can make sure this isn't an issue providing that payment is made soon Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

Your a star, thanks.
I will sort it tonight, it usually goes through within minutes, but it does say allow upto 24hrs for the transfer to complete, so if I say any time after wednesday to be on the safe side.
I havent got my billing date, is there anyway you can confirm the date each month the direct debit will be taken?
Thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

but it does say allow upto 24hrs for the transfer to complete, so if I say any time after wednesday to be on the safe side.

I just want to check, are you saying that you want to pay us via bank transfer? if so that's not something we offer I'm afraid. You might not be but I just want to confirm.
With regards to the billing date this is normally set by when the broadband order completes, ergo it should be the 10th.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

No, what I mean is I need to transfer money from my main account to the account that I use to pay my bills.
They are both internet accounts with Natwest, and you can only access them online.
When I transfer money into the account that I use to pay bills, I get an automated message saying the transfer takes 24hrs to complete, however it normal happens within minutes.
As I will be doing it from work tonight, it may get caught up in the overnight banking updates, thats why I suggestedPlusNet taking the payment on/after Wednesday.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, that should be fine, do keep us posted.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team