Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not been told contract length

FIXED
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Not been told contract length

Decided to renew my Plusnet services in return for a slightly cheaper price and can't be bothered to switch providers and all that hassle.  Gave COT a ring and negotiated a £5 discount per month.

At no time did the advisor say what the new contract length would be, or in the least they didn't explicitly say how long it was. I know I should have asked, but they should take some blame as well.

I found out my contract length in the tickets and I've signed for a 2 year contract Ticked_off

So you offer new customers the package I am on for £5 a month for 6 months and on an 18 month contract. I'm confused, I've paid more than new customers, shouldn't we get a bit of loyalty? 

Anyways, may be 2 things, loyalty and contract length but what really gets my goat is that your advisor didn't explicitly state the contract length and I know I can cancel the deal and stick to my one month contract. It would be nice for the retention deal to match the new customer deal.

Oh well,

NE

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Not been told contract length

Hi NorthEastener,

Sorry to hear the contract length wasn't covered with you.

Feel free to drop me a PM with the username in question and I'll look that up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@NorthEasterner wrote:

So you offer new customers the package I am on for £5 a month for 6 months and on an 18 month contract. I'm confused, I've paid more than new customers, shouldn't we get a bit of loyalty? 

If you work out the cost of your deal over 18 months and do the same for the new customer offer you will find your cost is a few pence  cheaper. Then you have a further 6 months at the discounted rate. 

David
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi NorthEastener,

I am sorry to hear about this, I am just getting the call listened into to see if the appropriate steps were taken during the re contract  process to inform you on the length of the contract. Any further information I have for you I will respond here or send you a private message.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

OK I have listened to the call and the agents manager has also done this as well and the length of contract was not mentioned only the length of the discounts. Because of this you are still with in your 14 days to cancel the new contract and to do this you can contact our customer options team on 0800 013 2632.

If you are happy to stay on the new contract which including your domain and the discounts overall is a great deal, you just have to leave everything as it is.

Because of the inconvenience caused by the agent and the error made I am also happy to offer you a good will gesture of 2 months free broadband. If you would like to accept this just reply to this post and I will apply this and not this on your account.

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Fix

Hi,

Thanks Ben for getting back to me. 

I have cancelled the new contract/deal and reverted back to my £19.99 pm rolling plan.  I have also gotten rid of the domain as it is hardly used.

Thanks for looking into this and thanks for understanding my frustration, I would be more than happy to offer the gesture of goodwill and to stick with Plusnet a little longer.

Thank you

NE. Smiley

Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up