cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not been billed since October

Si1978

Not been billed since October

I've been reading a few posts on the forum and like others have not been billed for a while now. I'm getting really concerned I'm going to be hit with a large bill.  Is it correct that when this is rectified only the past 90 days will be charged?

Also what would be my rights for cancellation / switching to another provider in the meantime?

15 REPLIES 15
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Not been billed since October

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to see we've not billed you in so long.

I can confirm that once this is resolved and we've generated your invoice, we will only charge you for the last 90 days leading to the invoice generating. Any prior months we'll automatically write off.

Once your bill has generated with up to 3 months worth of payments, if you are unable to make this payment in one go if you let us know, we'll be happy to arrange a payment plan to split the cost over more than one month. 

With regards to cancellation I'm afraid we're not really in a position to waive termination fees in these instances however I hope the above information helps. 

If you have any further queries or concerns please feel free to let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Graham-Davis
Hooked

I take it that there is no resolution in sight for those of us that have billing issues? I have recently added a comment to my support question (Question #190187841) asking for a progress report and received no response, the ticket was just put back on hold again by the CSC analyst.

It would be nice to receive a response even if it is that we are still working the issue. Is there a projected time-frame for resolution and what priority is being given to solving the issues?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Graham-Davis While I do sincerely apologise that we've not billed you, I'm afraid we're unable to track the progress of the issue your account is affected by. We're also unable to provide more information or advise when it'll be resolved.

However please rest assured that we'll only charge for the last 90 days leading up to the invoice generating and we'll also be happy to discuss a payment plan.

I can see the advisers who are updating your ticket 190187841 are regularly checking on whether the issue has been resolved or otherwise, so we are actively monitoring this for you even though we're simply unable to provide more detail.

Having said that on an individual basis you'll likely find out once this is resolved before we do because you'll receive an email to advise we've generated your bill. At this stage to be honest I wouldn't worry about this.

Once your bill has been generated we can then go from there. 

Apologies for any concern caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BERTJ
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

from bertj

l have not received a bill from PN since 6th March 2019.

l would like confirmation from PN that l will only be charged for previous 90 days when bill is eventually issued please.

l do not want PN issuing a large bill then demanding immediate payment due to a circumstance not created by customers.

lt would be interesting for PN to actually explain how many customers are are affected how small is small.

bertj

smiffy1
Pro

" lt would be interesting for PN to actually explain how many customers are are affected how small is small."

Plusnet wont as its commercially sensitive data Shocked

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@BERTJ 

A warm welcome to the forums.

The post prior to yours states the assurance you are seeking.  On billing reinstatement, only the preceding 90 days will be billed and in the case of genuine hardship Plusnet has stated that a payment plan can be arranged.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BERTJ
Rising Star

would be good if PN told all those people affected by their problem by sending emails to each customer concerned that they will not billed more than 90 days.

Not rely on a community site to pass comment.

smiffy1
Pro

Nothing has been posted on PN news and announcements , at start of forum ? neither has there been a sticky post for customers to see .

And this has been going on nearly 9 months

Graham-Davis
Hooked

I agree, the communication from PN has been appalling regarding this issue. There may even be some people paying by direct debit that are still unaware of the issue. Surely we should have been emailed personally when our billing accounts were suspended. Whilst I appreciate the 90 day limit on billing when our accounts are reactivated, we should not be relying on a community forum for news such as this!

BERTJ
Rising Star

whilst PN should post on the community their progress on this major issue they have regarding billing .

For customers who do not take part in community activity or do not wish to read announcements on community sites they all should be sent an email explaining PN position on this problem and give customers a regular update by email of progress.

You ring customer services or chat online with PN and you get an apology but no information of why and how PN are solving is problem.

BERTJ
Rising Star

TO PLUSNET.

Please advise your comments on my postings regarding your billing problems and advising customers by email.

As well as confirming only 90 days will be billed when you finally resolve your problems.

Your silence on this subjects is very worrying to your customers.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

How can you claim that Plusnet has been silent on this?  You posted on here immediately following this post from @Gandalf ...

However please rest assured that we'll only charge for the last 90 days leading up to the invoice generating and we'll also be happy to discuss a payment plan.

What more advice are you seeking here?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'd just like to add that support via our community forums isn't really much different than any other support platform we offer may that be over the phone, live chat or messaging us via Facebook or Twitter.

While I'm sorry that you've not received an email regarding this, as a member of staff I've confirmed that anyone affected by this issue where we've suspended billing on the account, the below applies:

I can confirm that once this is resolved and we've generated your invoice, we will only charge you for the last 90 days leading to the invoice generating. Any prior months we'll automatically write off.

Once your bill has generated with up to 3 months worth of payments, if you are unable to make this payment in one go if you let us know, we'll be happy to arrange a payment plan to split the cost over more than one month. 

While we'd love to provide more information I'm afraid that more information isn't available for us to provide. These type of issues are part of an incident, which our engineers are working on fixing and they are being fixed in stages.

Thanks for your patience.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Anon
Pro

Firstly to the op who started this thread, you have to argue with Pnet that they have broken their contract with you and also that you want to know the date of resolution. Because they cannot give you that date then you must be deadlocked in a dispute and then you can go to Ombudsman Services and tell them that you want to leave and want to leave at no cost to you for cancellation. I got it, though did not use it, it is free for now and on into the future. Do you want to pay?

Secondly I am sure they know exactly how many customers are affected, but if they admit to the number they can no longer talk about a handful as though it is a mere blip for a few.

Thirdfly see how they dodge the question of advising those who are affected? No email and perhaps more important there has never been a service announcement for ushc a big problem and going on for so long. I bet that they are feeling the pinch of having no income from many of us and never able to make the hole up because they can only get 90 days back. I am sorry I am on a package for calls, I would risk it, if  I were not on a package, and make all the calls I could, This has more than 90 days to run IMHO.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.