cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not a plusnet user - but someone registered my email address against their plusnet phone

Alan9

Not a plusnet user - but someone registered my email address against their plusnet phone

So while not a plusnet user, and not even a UK resident, someone has registered my email address against their plusnet phone. So I'm getting their billing info, received their contract email with their address etc.

Tried to contact plusnet by phone to tell them, but obviously couldn't verify my identify, so no luck there. No easy way to contact plusnet if you're not actually a customer ( even if you're receiving their customers info..... )

3 REPLIES 3
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: Not a plusnet user - but someone registered my email address against their plusnet phone

Hello @Alan9 and welcome to the forums!

Thank you for getting in touch.

After checking with the email address that you signed up to the forums with, I have been unable to find an account. If the email address is different to this one, feel free to private message me the email address in question. It could also be that the customer has noticed their mistake and since changed it to their own email address.

Thanks again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Not a plusnet user - but someone registered my email address against their plusnet phone

@Alan9 

A warm welcome to PlusNet's forums.  Thank you for taking action to help out here.

The emails you have recieved should reference an account user name and account name, possibly also a direct debit reference - it would be helpful if you could advise of the same to @Jubby  via PM.  Just click their user name and select send message.

Thank you.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Alan9, apologies for the delayed response. I'm afraid that although we can try and make the customer who's set up with your email alert there's no guarantee this would be updated. I'd perhaps advise your side then to remedy the issue by setting up a rule in your email client to forwards any emails received regarding this account that onto your spam/junk folder as this will prevent you from seeing any future notifications intended for the customer.