cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non DD Charge - Bank Switch

FIXED
philrm

Non DD Charge - Bank Switch

Has anyone else fallen foul of the £1.50 non-DD charge when switching banks?

I've recently switched banks using the 7 day switching service, all of my other (20 or so) direct debits have switched automatically with no issues, but PlusNet has switched me over to card payments. I can't manually switch back to DD because it won't let me, it says it is currently being processed and in the meantime I'm looking at a £1.50 charge. 

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to avoid this? As far as I understand, PlusNet have had continuous DD instructions from me, so this really shouldn't happen.

7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Re: Non DD Charge - Bank Switch

Issues with DD and switching banks via the automated bank account switch service is a known issue which the superusers have raised concerns over.

Users need to contact plusnet and advise of the change direct debit, as the systems cannot manage a change instruction - the existing mandate has to be cancelled and a new one put in place.

I believe we have asked PN for a FAQ on changing DDs / banks ... I will now ensure we have.

As for the £1.50 charge in such situations, on a case by case basis PN has given consideration to paying refunds - but that's a decision for a staffer!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

philrm

Thanks for your reply.

The odd thing is that when I go into my payment details page they do have my new details, so the system has worked to a certain extent. The details are there but there is a message saying that the DD is being set up - it has been like this for a few days now.

Is there any way of getting hold of a staffer, or is it down to pot luck whether they see my post? I'm just thinking it's a bit unfair for customers to be charged due to failings in PlusNet's system - as I say, everything else has switched effortlessly Smiley

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

This will get picked up soon.

The staff team also covers social media and I suspect they are on those channels at the moment. However they have the means of looking across all feeds concurrently. This case has been noted in the DD issues discussion area where I've confirmed that a request got a FAQ has been requested already.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Unfortunately at the moment I can't remove this charge, basically because it hasn't been generated and created the invoice yet. Give us a nudge tomorrow if the DD isn't showing as set up and we'll be able to take another look.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

philrm - yes, happened to me earlier this year when I switched Banks under the Switch Guarantee scheme. Plusnet did at least agree to refund the £1-50 charge when I objected!

philrm

Hi Chris.. thanks for your message. Here is the scheduled nudge! Payment went through today and it did include the additional £1.50.. please could you have a look at this?

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Fix

I've refunded that back to you as agreed.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.