cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 'reward card' received

Geranium22
Hooked

No 'reward card' received

Looking at the forum, this is a common problem, but I didn't want to tag onto an existing thread.  I signed up in March, using a Moneysavingexpert deal with a £75 reward card incentive.  I should have received an email to claim, but nothing was ever received.

I've been trying to contact Plusnet customer services since last Tuesday with no luck and increasing frustration.  Chat isn't working.  They don't use email (??). The phone number just says 'we're too busy, call back' and Twitter - both DMs and Tweets - are just ignored.  There isn't actually anyway to contact them from what I can see, at all.  (I'm grateful I haven't got an urgent problem!)  However, the reward card, and the overall deal that it gave me, was the reason I moved to Plusnet - so I'd like to receive what I signed up for.

If anyone has any advice how I can actually communicate with someone from Plusnet about this that would be great.  I always thought they had good customer service, but that doesn't seem the case sadly. 

19 REPLIES 19
marionrose
Hooked

Re: No 'reward card' received

Hi,

I have had the same experience. Even if you are unfortunate enough to speak to one of their customer service reps the pre-scripted line is  "you didn't reply to their e-mail in the specified time scale"  (even if you didn't receive the e-mail). If you are not happy with the response and  ask to speak to a supervisor, the request is denied as "the supervisor will tell you exactly the same". Based on my experience, I believe Ofcom and then maybe the small claims court. 

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @Geranium22

Sorry to hear that. If you used MSE it is very possible that there is no email to claim this reward as they many offers with Money Saving Expert have automatic redemption.

Please check our FAQs for help. If you don’t find what you need then get back in touch https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/

Geranium22
Hooked

Hi @Tibzor  - I don't know what you mean by 'automatic redemption'?  How would that work (as I haven't received anything 'automatically' either).   My understanding was I'd get sent an email regarding the reward/card - nothing was ever received (I've checked my emails).  The FAQ don't have anything related to not receiving the email.  Can you advise with how I get the email sent to me so I can claim? 

Thanks

Geranium22
Hooked

Any chance @Tibzor or another member of staff could respond to my reply from Thursday?

simron
Hooked

I have had the same experience of being ignored via DM and Twitter, though note many people have received responses. Seems to be pot luck whether someone can be bothered replying.

On top of the rudeness my broadband speed is terrible at the moment and not even worth what I have paid in advance. I'm having to run around looking after two single, vulnerable, elderly parents at the same time and this is just another thing pushing me over the edge. How hard can it be to read and at least acknowledge contact even if things are not resolved immediately?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Geranium22 you would only receive an email if it's one of our own cashback offers, as it's MSE you would need to make contact with them to chase it up. 

@simron Sorry to hear about the speed issues too, I've just tested the line and we're not seeing signs of any issues and see the line is connected at speeds very close to the line's estimate. Have you been connected over WiFi whilst you've noticed this issue?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
simron
Hooked

Hi @adamwalker,

Thanks for the reply. The poor speeds are always when we connect over wifi, usually using a firestick to watch something but that's the only thing connected bar mobile phones that are connected for email updates but nothing else, it's not like we're trying to watch one programme on the tv and another on a tablet which is something we used to do round at my partner's house quite successfully which was why I'd switched to plusnet from my previous supplier.

It isn't bad all the time, just some of the time which is possible even more frustrating. Usually just moan about it out loud but actually used broadbandspeedchecker.com on Sunday evening and speeds were 2.32 Mb/s, 2.74 Mb/s & 3.47Mb/s - they're low aren't they? Just done a test now and it showed 10.18 Mb/s which is what I'd expect and (I think) in line with your line test a few minutes ago.

Is there a better/preferred speed checker to use? Is it worth me logging these more regularly? Could the websites or apps I'm using to watch things affect the speed?

Thanks

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, yes you'll need to make sure that there's no apps other devices using the connection when running a speed test otherwise it will give a low reading. 

The testers you mentioned should be fine.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Geranium22
Hooked

Hi @adamwalker it was via a Plusnet link on the MSE page. It said the card/reward would be sent automatically. This never happened. It was a Plusnet deal via MSE. There is an almost identical deal in there at the moment.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've raised a query with our billing team to chase the cashback reward as it sounds like we need to re-process that from our side of things.

I'll be in touch over the next few days when we have an update.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alan19800
Dabbler

I've been waiting for a reply since Saturday and still not getting anywhere
simron
Hooked

Thanks @adamwalker, I'll keep a log of problems.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Alan,19800. 

We've raised it to a team that works Monday to Friday so we should hear back about that in the next few days.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alan19800
Dabbler

Thank you Adam it's very much appreciated