cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No reward card, no apology, no option but to continue ...

Maureen2

No reward card, no apology, no option but to continue ...

I, as always, do a lot of searching around for deals. Money saving expert suggested that plus net (with their £75 reward card) was the cheapest option for broadband. I clicked the link on moneysavingexpert (not a cashback site) for PlusNet.
I signed up and awaited 10 days for my activation email.
After 14 days I rang plusnet and was told to ring GrassRoots as they dealt with all rewards.
Upon ringing grassroots they said they had no record of me and that I had to ring plusnet to get them to send my details to grassroots.
I phoned plusnet Again. They apologised and said they’d send my details to grassroots ASAP.
I phoned grassroots a week later, they had no details, advised ring plusnet.
I rang plusnet and was told that since I signed up through money savingexpert (basically a search engine) my reward wasn’t valid. And that I should chase this up with MSE.
The £75 reward only made this deal marginally better than one of the others I’d seen. When I asked plusnet about cancelling my order, I was told that since I was out of my cancellation period, I’d incur a charge!!!!
I feel I’ve been had

And looking through the forum, a fair number of people have also! Buyers beware
12 REPLIES 12
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: No reward card, no apology, no option but to continue ...

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from My Order to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

Sorry for the issues you're having claiming your cashback. What I'm about to say regarding this will be conflicting to what you've said and what you've been advised, however I've done some digging into this.

Looking at one system I can see you signed up on a cashback offer and that cashback is redeemed directly through the cashback site. I've checked another system which draws the results straight from our affiliate system and that advises that you've signed up on a cashback offer redeemable through Quidco.

I'd now like to ask if you have an account with Quidco? If you've definitely gone through MoneySavingExpert then what has happened is that the sale hasn't tracked correctly. The most common reason for this is due to what's called a cookie attribution error, basically there appeared to have been a cookie from Quidco on the device/web browser you were using when you went through the MSE signup process and thus the sale tracked through Quidco instead of MSE.

We and I believe the affiliates too recommend you clear cookies before you start your order and ensure you don't have any other tabs or windows open on the device you're using as well as not navigate away from the signup process.

If you have an account with Quidco can you login and advise if you see a sale with Plusnet in your transaction history?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
galton

Hi, 

I've signed up for a £75 cashback offer also and I have yet to receive an email about claiming it back. I also went through the moneysavingexpert website. After reading about the issues people are having I am worried I won't receive mine as well. 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @galton, thanks for getting in touch.

I can see your services activated on 22/07/19 - as it takes up to 10 working days to receive the redeem your cashback email I'd advise to allow up to 05/08/2019 for this to be with you. If you haven't received it by then, please do let us know and we will look into this further for you.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
layna1491

Ah, yes, I have the same experience - I have been fobbed off for 2 months and now been told that I 'didn't sign up for what I thought I signed up for'.  They are trying to blame the MSE website for putting out incorrect information!!!

I also received a flat refusal to send out the £75 cheque.

Beware, looks like Plusnet will do all they can to avoid paying out the incentives!

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @layna1491, thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry for the issues you have had with your cashback. I can see your cashback has been tracked through the Money Saving Expert website in which case this is automatically sent to you within 60 days of activation. For clarification, are you advising you have not received the cashback?

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
layna1491

Hi

Thank you for getting in touch and so quickly.  I have not received the cashback.

First I was told I would receive it after a month, then that it would be a month after it went active, then after 60 days from activation.

We are now past the 60 days.  I phoned today and was told that I had applied too late as applications had to be in by 23rd May.

I pointed out that as I have an email from yourselves dated 23rd May, clearly I had applied in time.

Cue another long time on hold to be told that I wasn't getting it as I 'hadn't applied for what i thought I had applied for'.

I'm sure you can understand my frustration and I look forward to your response.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@layna1491,

As you've been advised looking at the deal that's captured it's registered you signing up direct through our site instead of the MSE link. I'd assume that maybe you've clicked through MSE and then opened the Plusnet page and started and completed the sign up through there which is why the cashback has not been received, or that the code through MSE expired before signup was completed as the expiry date for the code was the day the account was signed up.

In this case I've sent it off to see if there's anything that can be done for you but it's not our decision in the support centre. Just be aware it will take 5 working days for the marketing and billing department to decide and come back to us confirming if they're issuing it or not. 

layna1491

Hello

Thank you for your reply.

I certainly have not been advised that I signed up directly through your site rather than using the MSE link.  This is just the latest excuse as to why I have not been paid.  I categorically signed through the MSE link.

Neither did I apply after the expiration date - I have documentary evidence from yourselves that I applied before the deadline.

Yesterday, the story was that the MSE site had put out the wrong offer information - I'm sure they will be very interested to hear this.  

I look forward to hearing from you.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@layna1491,

I was just trying to give some indication of what might have happened. The honest answer is there's no way of finding out. Often those affiliate sites uses tracking cookies and they have a code assigned to them when the signup completes. The code's the one that's different and indicating a direct signup not MSE. But if the Plusnet site was open at the same time then it could have tracked that instead of the MSE signup and effectively gotten confused - which is why I've sent it for review instead of saying sorry you won't get your cashback. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@layna1491,

Just to keep you updated the marketing department are issuing a cheque to you and it will be with you in 10 days. 

layna1491

That's very good news, thank you for your assistance in this matter!