Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No retention deals offered.....

pj2014
Grafter

No retention deals offered.....

Hey all,
Coming up to my 12 months with PlusNet, gave them a ring to see what could be offered...zero, zilch! Only the same deal as a new customer (£2.49 a month BB).
Admittedly, its a small figure to begin with (£2.49), but as we normally pre pay line rental for year in advance, have talk anytime and a few 'call features' was hoping for a little something.
What were your experiences?  I actually migrated in from sky BB last year, was with them for under 4 years. Had zero problems during that time and faster speed (slightly). I never even knew their customer/BB support number as never had to call them! (Although, I do recall my friend had a 5 day sky BB outage about 4 ish months ago, something to do with cable theft @Colindale IIRC.
Maybe with these PlusNet outages over the last few weeks, no new deals and line rental increases it may be time to move, at least for 12 months!
Ah, just looked at the PlusNet homepage and it seems there is £75 cashback (cheque from PlusNet) for new customers, oh well.......
PJ
4 REPLIES 4
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: No retention deals offered.....

I'd say a retention deal of £2.99pm for u/limited broadband is pretty good  ;)- should be £9.99 pm?Huh
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Zero you say I am paying £9.99 plus the £15.99 for phoneline and have been with PN since 2001, cake and eat it springs to mind
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
picbits
Rising Star

I'm paying £19.99 a month for my unlimited (FTTC) - I'm out of contract and really should try and haggle a better deal but knowing how little PN have actually made out of me over the last 18 months and being happy with their service and support, I'd decided to keep paying full price for at least a few more months.
pj2014
Grafter

@davidj60:
Certainly is good value,  a few providers start at this range, I believe sky BB is from £3.50 so it even beats them! Its just come renewal time maybe with TV, phone line, calls and BB a better deal may/could be had  (IMO)
@Gus:
£9.99 ! I've only ever seen PlusNet ADSL (recent times since I researched joining PN 14 months ago) upto £5 within the contract (and as low as £1.99), after which it appears to rise to £9.99+. Maybe you should re-negotiate.
@Dom S:
Ah, Fibre, I'd happily pay £19.99/month in/out of contract, but alas, I can only dream! No fibre round these parts of W London I'm afraid. I believe I'm on an EO line and all telegraph poles just go underground, no green cabinets anywhere, trust me I've looked everywhere!  Wink