cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No refund received

carl8367

No refund received

I have been with Plusnet for years and renew my contract each year. When I received the first bill of my new contract in October 2018 I noticed I was overcharged by £11.99. As the payment hadn't been taken from my bank I called Plusnet, waiting for 50 minutes on hold, to be told the discount hadn't been applied. The member of staff was quite rude and said "You are gettng it for free", I pay for this service so it isn't for free. I was told I would have to pay the bill as it could not be stopped however I would receive a refund in 3-5 days. The refund never came although the discount was applied the following month. I have waited for 3 months for the refund. Plusnet claim the refund was paid into my bank account on 02/11/18, I uploaded a copy of my bank statement 9 days ago to prove it hadn't and have heard nothing. I am not happy providing a bank statement, which contains personal information, and am sure that if I asked for a copy of the Plusnet bank statement to prove the payment was made it would be declined. This is very poor customer service.

7 REPLIES 7
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: No refund received

You have my sympathy! One small point: there's nothing to stop your taking an image of the statement, then removing part of personal data e.g. sort code and account number, say 40:--:23 52----89. Any revealing transactions can be edited too with the photo editing program most computers have these days.

I did this recently with  a disputed charge (not PN).

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
LM16T
Dabbler

I agree with you on the customer service
It's diabolical.. Seems like some staff go into hibernation.. Re awake and wonder what all the fuss is about.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from General Chat to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this.

I've escalated this with our billing team and we'll update you as soon as we know more.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Starch888

We’re in the same situation and have all but given up on ever getting our money back. We were told on numerous occasions by call centre staff that an overpayment taken due to a systems upgrade within Plusnet was causing all sorts of payment issues and once resolved, we’d get our £27.99 back. They also said that at that time, we would be entitled to a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience, say a few free months broadband etc. Our payments went crazy for a while with unusual amounts being taken and as you’d experienced,every call to Plusnet was preceded with a 45+ minute wait on hold, listening to how Plusnet are award winners for customer service! When speaking to staff, we really didn’t get satisfaction and have continually been told it will be resolved but they don’t know when. We’ve too have been with Plusnet for years but we are starting to wonder why! Good luck in getting your situation sorted.

carl8367

My 11.99 pales into insignificance with the problems you have had. I wish you luck in resolving your situation, and struggle to comprehend how difficult it really is for such a big company to mess things up so badly for its customers. I have considered Talk Talk for the future however they seem even worse!! It isn't the monetary amount for me, more the fact that PlusNet say they have refunded me and for me to prove they haven't I have had to supply a bank statement. Its been quite a lot of work to prove that I am not lying, and why would I for such a small amount.

I finally received a response from PlusNet yesterday, which is no doubt due to raising the issue on this forum. Had I not done this I question how long it would have taken them to respond. There was no apology however they did confirm that the bank statement I provided was valid (nice of them), they will send the refund again (they never sent it in the first place), and it will take 5-10 working days to show in my account. I will believe it when I see it, an apology would have been nice.

Best of luck resolving your situation Starch888

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@carl8367, I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. I'm glad to see there's a refund on it's way to you.

@Starch888, I'm extremely disappointed to see how this has been handled on your account. I believe I've located the account the refund relates to and I have escalated this matter with our billing team, along with sending feedback regarding the advisor that previously did not action this appropriately.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet