cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No refund of credit from final bill

Throwawayusrnam

No refund of credit from final bill

Hello,

I left Plusnet on 5th February (DD took an amount on the 7th) when my number transferred over to another network.

The next Plusnet bill (which should have been they final one) showed a credit. I assumed (incorrectly, it would seem!) that Plusnet would refund this credit amount to my bank account from where the DD was taken.

Instead, another bill is produced showing a balance of zero! A mysterious One Off Charge for the exact amount of the credit value showing and hence the total balance showing as zero.

Plusnet, having read of at least one other person having this exact One Off Charge balancing out their credit amount on their final bill, to me seems like an extremely dodgy (if not illegal) practice that I would not have expected of you. This is disappointing to say the least.

Would you contact me to arrange a refund of the credit amount I'm owed, please?
3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: No refund of credit from final bill

Hi there,

I'm really sorry to see you haven't received a refund from your final bill credit.

Due to the way our systems work for mobile accounts, we do have to apply a charge to negate the credit otherwise we'll continually email you every month forever and ever more to advise you've got a credit applied but you should normally receive the refund within 14 days of us balancing the account.

If you can however private message me your mobile number and full name, I can take a closer look. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
simmotech
Grafter

I've just had exactly the same problem on three different closed mobile accounts.

Help desk have been...annoying. Three calls this morning with the second one hanging up on me and the third one just reading a script and cannot wait to get me off the phone.

The help desk staff apparently cannot see the last two bills (on each account) - one showing the amount due back to me and another showing the "one off" charge. What sort of billing system doesn't fully support refunds and has to hack a 'one-off charge' additional bill?

When I asked to speak to manager was told "Beth is not taking calls at the moment, please email us a copy of your bank statements showing that the refunds didn't arrive"

[-Censored-]!

I don't suppose Plusnet want to send me their bank statements showing that the refunds went out?
No? Well I'm not sending my business bank statements out to anyone either.

It isn't a lot of money - £11.65 + £7.96 + £0.62 - but I'm wound up now, more so since this forum shows this isn't a one-off issue.

I'm hoping Gandalf can sort it out (or Beth calls back and sorts it without insisting on bank statements).

Tags (1)
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @simmotech, I am really sorry for the problems with your mobile account and trying to get the issue sorted. 

Could you please pop me over a PM with the mobile numbers and your full name please and I'll do what I can to help. (to send a PM, click on my name and then to the right, there will be a grey button to 'send private message' and in the message please include a link to this thread)

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team