cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer with plusnet but still getting charged

Grand-canal

No longer with plusnet but still getting charged

I migrated from PlusNet on the 21st December.  I was paying in advance every 2nd of the month.  Before I migrated, I phoned PlusNet to inform them (even though I didn't have to).   However, my next bill is due to be taken from my account tomorrow (5th January 2017).

I was not under contract as I had been a customer since 2007.

I would appreciate a member of staff sorting this out for me.

Thanking you and Happy New Year.

8 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 18

Re: No longer with plusnet but still getting charged

Hi @Grand-canal,

I'm sorry to hear about this and the issue that you are currently experiencing.

Can you private message me your Username for the account please and I will have a look into this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Ben Babinski
 Plusnet Help Team
Grand-canal

Its still not the end, I have now received this email from PlusNet

'We're emailing you to let you know that as your cancellation request has now been placed, your cancellation will take place on 20/01/2017'

That is not good enough - I have been with another provider since 21/12/2016 and I phoned PlusNet before that date to let them know that I was leaving and was phoning just in case I had to notify them.  I was told not to worry as the new provider would have let them know.

That is £9.99 that has been taken from me for nothing.  As it was, I was only getting 2gb a month.

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 116

It's likely that email was automatically generated as a result of a manual account closure.

When we close accounts, there's two things that happens; a order is sent to cease the line (that's the cancellation request), and a manual close of the account itself with immediate effect.

If your service is already migrated then the cease order will go nowhere.

Having said this, I'll be happy to take a look at things tomorrow to confirm your account is closed.

From when I joined the Plusnet Help Team in May 2017 my main Community account is @Gandalf.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Staff
Grand-canal

Thank you, and that I shall be refunded for the one month plus the eleven or twelve days that I had already paid in advance for whilst I had already migrated.

My account shouldn't have had to be done manually as my new provider would have sorted that out.

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 116

It's as I thought. I can confirm your account has been closed with immediate effect. The refund has been issued back yesterday to your direct debit which should clear within 10 days.

From when I joined the Plusnet Help Team in May 2017 my main Community account is @Gandalf.
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Staff
andyapanel
Dabbler

This has happened to me too.

I left Dec1 last year and I am still being chased for a service

I do not use. I have  been on line with customer support person who agreed my account should have been closed.

Get your act together, PlusNet, this is a shambles.

Grand-canal

Andy, the moment I received the last post from PlusNet, my email account closed so if you have any emails you want to keep, move them fast.

I personally thought that I would have one months grace but obviously not - my fault.

I have now notified my bank to stop the direct debit - I should have done that the same day that I migrated.  As I paid in advance there was nothing owing anyway.

andyapanel
Dabbler

I left my DD temporarily active to clear any debts owing to PlusNet. They took a payment in December and then refunded me. Then I got another warning email this month saying another payment was coming out.

The guy I spoke to at PlusNet  about this said the last DD could not be revoked but that it would be bounced back into my account. It has not happened.

I have stopped the DD and have received 2 emails from PlusNet demanding my bank details- I assume to keep taking money off me.

This behaviour is scandalous. I cannot see where the 5 star rating PlusNet enjoys comes from.