cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer with plusnet but still getting charged

Grand-canal

No longer with plusnet but still getting charged

I migrated from PlusNet on the 21st December.  I was paying in advance every 2nd of the month.  Before I migrated, I phoned PlusNet to inform them (even though I didn't have to).   However, my next bill is due to be taken from my account tomorrow (5th January 2017).

I was not under contract as I had been a customer since 2007.

I would appreciate a member of staff sorting this out for me.

Thanking you and Happy New Year.

8 REPLIES 8
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Re: No longer with plusnet but still getting charged

Hi @Grand-canal,

I'm sorry to hear about this and the issue that you are currently experiencing.

Can you private message me your Username for the account please and I will have a look into this for you.

Grand-canal

Its still not the end, I have now received this email from PlusNet

'We're emailing you to let you know that as your cancellation request has now been placed, your cancellation will take place on 20/01/2017'

That is not good enough - I have been with another provider since 21/12/2016 and I phoned PlusNet before that date to let them know that I was leaving and was phoning just in case I had to notify them.  I was told not to worry as the new provider would have let them know.

That is £9.99 that has been taken from me for nothing.  As it was, I was only getting 2gb a month.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

It's likely that email was automatically generated as a result of a manual account closure.

When we close accounts, there's two things that happens; a order is sent to cease the line (that's the cancellation request), and a manual close of the account itself with immediate effect.

If your service is already migrated then the cease order will go nowhere.

Having said this, I'll be happy to take a look at things tomorrow to confirm your account is closed.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Grand-canal

Thank you, and that I shall be refunded for the one month plus the eleven or twelve days that I had already paid in advance for whilst I had already migrated.

My account shouldn't have had to be done manually as my new provider would have sorted that out.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

It's as I thought. I can confirm your account has been closed with immediate effect. The refund has been issued back yesterday to your direct debit which should clear within 10 days.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
andyapanel
Dabbler

This has happened to me too.

I left Dec1 last year and I am still being chased for a service

I do not use. I have  been on line with customer support person who agreed my account should have been closed.

Get your act together, PlusNet, this is a shambles.

Grand-canal

Andy, the moment I received the last post from PlusNet, my email account closed so if you have any emails you want to keep, move them fast.

I personally thought that I would have one months grace but obviously not - my fault.

I have now notified my bank to stop the direct debit - I should have done that the same day that I migrated.  As I paid in advance there was nothing owing anyway.

andyapanel
Dabbler

I left my DD temporarily active to clear any debts owing to PlusNet. They took a payment in December and then refunded me. Then I got another warning email this month saying another payment was coming out.

The guy I spoke to at PlusNet  about this said the last DD could not be revoked but that it would be bounced back into my account. It has not happened.

I have stopped the DD and have received 2 emails from PlusNet demanding my bank details- I assume to keep taking money off me.

This behaviour is scandalous. I cannot see where the 5 star rating PlusNet enjoys comes from.