cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet since Wednesday: Non-Payment Splash Screen preventing access

HellsBellss
Dabbler

No internet since Wednesday: Non-Payment Splash Screen preventing access

I joined PN in March and haven't had any complaints until now...
Last Wednesday evening (13th May) I started getting a splash screen on my browser which asked for payment to my account.  
I checked my account - payment had been taken fine and I clicked away the screen to continue however it kept occuring and then it stopped me connecting altogether the same night.
Rang PN Thursday morning and they confirmed that all payments were made correctly, they werent sure why the screen was occuring etc and they raised a fault report.
As yet no resolution and the non payment splash screen is still preventing me from doing anything at all online via PN.   I've had to pay for BT-Fon wifi in the meantime which is infuriating.
Anyone else had this problem?   I've not been given any indication of how long it's going to take PN to fix this either.  
24 REPLIES 24
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: No internet since Wednesday: Non-Payment Splash Screen preventing access

Hi, i have never seen anything like that, i pay by Direct Debit and payment for me this month isn't due until around the 20th so I will have see if anything goes amiss then but that is indeed a strange one.   
ericgripp
Grafter

op can you take a screenshot or a picture ? sounds like some sort of malware or virus possibly. Can you access other features on the pc ? or is it full screen blocking everything ? until the message can be authenticated DO NOT enter any bank or payment details.
HellsBellss
Dabbler

Screenshot as requested.   It's a Plusnet splash screen and they confirmed this on the phone,  no idea why I am restricted though when I can see I have paid and they have confirmed this.
I have malware bytes and regularly scan laptop, nothing showing there.  Laptop is perfectly fine in all other ways and connecting to the net fine with BT-Fon.  I have no intention of paying anything more or entering anything because I have already paid by direct debit!

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Why not just "try" to log in and pay, then claim compensation back from PN? That's what I'd do.  Wink
And if it doesn't work kick up an even bigger fuss.  Cheesy
Just a silly question, are you sure that the authentication configured in your router is correct for the account you have been told is paid?
HellsBellss
Dabbler

I did think to try that but when I try to log on I get this:
Roll_eyes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, as HP says, even if you don't pay you can always try to log in using the details you have knowing it's authentic. That may have the desired effect and reset things, for you. But if you have to pay again do it and if your Bank says you've paid already then you'll have a transaction ID to fight your case for refund if needed. Sorted.
Oh well. So much for that idea. Try clearing your browsers cookies see if that makes a difference.
ericgripp
Grafter

good to see its not a virus or malware then. Have you tried to restart the plusnet router ? looks like something that's cached that shouldn't be there.
HellsBellss
Dabbler

Thanks for all the replies,  much appreciated!
I have cleared browser cookies and I even ran cc cleaner but alas no change yet.   I'll keep you posted with what Plusnet say though i imagine I won't hear much til i ring them Monday.
I've restarted my router several times a day since Wednesday and PN actually kicked me off at their end too; in order to try to sever the connection. 
Perhaps worth mentioning - I have tried my old laptop, my work laptop and my mobile phone - all have same issue Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

why not phone now as the lines are open 24/7 and there isn't much of a queue
HellsBellss
Dabbler

I have phoned them every day so far and they said that it was unlikely to be fixed over the weekend so I figured I would have to wait til Monday again.
I could do I guess just to nag them a bit!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I would - a bit of nagging can work wonders
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

@PocketRocket - Looking into this for you now. I'll update this post shortly.

Is this still a problem for you? If so, are you ok to disconnect/reconnect your router so that it assigns you a different IP address? Let me know how you get on.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
HellsBellss
Dabbler

That's great thanks,  I was just about to ring but will hold off Smiley
HellsBellss
Dabbler

I've reset my router again - no change Smiley