cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet for almost 3 days again.

Tcr4x4
Hooked

No internet for almost 3 days again.

So yet again our internet has suffered a prolonged outage this happens every few weeks.

It went out Sunday night, it’s now Tuesday evening and still nothing. 
No reply to twitter messages (last time it took 5 days for a response by which time it had fixed itself), my wife was on the phones for ages this morning trying to get through and when she finally did was just told to turn it off and on again (as if we hadn’t done that already) and also to plug the router into the master socket, which we have an no change. 

I can not afford another 2-3 hour wait on the phone as we need to the phone line to be active at the moment with all that’s going on. My wife is having to work from home and can’t without internet.

Can someone please at least acknowledge there is a fault on the network somewhere and stop blaming customers for outages. This is a regular occurrence and each time we are either fobbed off or just ignored. It’s really not good enough.   

11 REPLIES 11
Tcr4x4
Hooked

Re: No internet for almost 3 days again.

Still off, still no replies to messages on email, Twitter or here. My wife rang again but told they couldnt deal with her only me. I'm at work all day so I can't deal with it. My wife can't work as no internet.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'm really sorry about the delays. Chances are you Tweets will be answered now as we do them in order (Tweets/Facebook and the forums).

The problem is the intermittent nature of the problem. I do hope a permanent fix is in place, but please let us know (faults.plus.net) should it return.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Tcr4x4
Hooked

Still no response apart from here, and now the internet has gone again. Well it lasted for a week this time before going off, so that’s a record. 

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I note it's coming on relatively quickly. Please keep an note of the problems and when it does occur, and if anything electrical may coincide with the problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Tcr4x4
Hooked

It’s just gone off again. Not correlation to electricity. 

My wife is trying to work from home and this is ridiculous. The internet has been off more days than it’s been on in the last month. It’s unusable and I shouldn’t be paying this much money for something we can’t actually use. 

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @Tcr4x4, we are deeply sorry for the broadband issues you are experiencing.

I can see that an engineer has been booked in for you.

Let us know if you still have issues after the engineer visit.

Thank you for your patience.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Tcr4x4
Hooked

Yes engineer booked for tomorrow. Internet has been off again since Thursday 9th, it’s now Monday 13th. Takes total downtime to approx 16 days since Feb 14th.

I’m just about to run out of 4g data too, so hopefully it’s fixed tomorrow otherwise I have no internet access at all until the middle of April when my 4g plan renews. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @Tcr4x4 

Let us know once the engineer's been and when you're back up and running, we'll be happy to provide a refund to cover anything you've paid for a service you've not had.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Tcr4x4
Hooked

Update..

So the internet had been off since Thursday 9th, with both lights flashing on the router. Same as before the other times this happened, it had always done this then just came back on its own after 6-7 days. 
Yesterday, the day the engineer was booked, Wednesday 14th, the router was still flashing about 7am. 

At about 9am, the engineer still hadn’t arrived, but I noticed that both router lights had gone solid orange. I assumed maybe the engineer had been working at the exchange or something and had done something to cause this. 

I was using my iPad for the first time that day, and the wifi had reactivated as it does 24 hours after turning it off and had connected to the home network, but no matter what I did, it kept forcing me to the plusnet hub page. I googled on my phone why this was, and a post on this forum suggested the username was wrong.. sure enough, on my hub settings, the username had changed to setup@plus.... whatever the rest is and the password was blank. I followed the instructions and re-entered my username and password and low and behold the internet comes back online. 

Not long after, the engineer arrives at my house, and I ask him if He had been working on our line at the exchange, to which he replied, no, he’d not done anything. 

So, after 7 days of no internet and the lights flashing, it suddenly decides that the username is wrong just before the engineer arrives to fix it. 

Of course, he can find no faults, despite the fact there is still a huge humming noise on our phone line rendering it more or less unusable in some cases as you can’t hear the person on the other end. 
I asked him about it, and he said he couldn’t hear it on his equipment. We have tried 4 different phones, corded and non corded, and all exhibit the noise.  He said it could be powerline interference, but that seems unlikely as our phone line is underground and the power lines are above ground. The last engineer who installed the new underground line also mentioned the noise and said he couldn’t fix it, despite having a new line all the way back to the cabinet as he didn’t know what it was.

So I’m now pre-empting a £65 charge as the same happened last time we had an engineer visit when the new line was installed  at your (or open reach, I’m not sure) request, as the engineer could find no faults and the internet started working just before he arrived.  After much back and forth, I got the last charge reversed as it was clear that the engineer visit was not booked by me, and the new phone lines were not requested by me.  
If get charged this time, I will also be requesting it is reversed, as Its now been Several weeks on and off with no internet and the phone line is still noisy. 
Also the engineer before he left at about 11.30, said he’d trace the wires back as far as he could and test them, and phone me on the home phone once he was done because I complained that the phone line was still noisy. (He didn’t want to enter the house to listen to it understandably, but tested using his equipment through the junction box outside on the wall). All of this wiring is brand new, fitted by the last engineer and only a brand new master socket is fitted, no extensions or other internal wiring is fitted. 

That phone call never arrived, despite me waiting in the house the rest of the day for it. 

The internet did drop out again briefly at about 3pm, but came back pretty quick. I assumed, and hoped it was a test from your end to check the connection.  I’m currently at work, but will ask my wife later if she’s seen it go off again today. 

Tcr4x4
Hooked

No internet again...

May as well cancel the service, it’s not fit for purpose and Im Not paying this amount of money until August for something that doesn’t work. 

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @Tcr4x4,

I am sorry the issue is still ongoing and for the inconvenience, this experience is causing.

I have provided an update via your fault ticket.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team