cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email to confirm new contract

FIXED
vivien186

No email to confirm new contract

I rang to renew my contract (4/7/18 ) I did that, but I have had no email confirmation as yet. Also my old contract was for 18 months and I was told it was only 12 months ? My old contract was finishing next month and I had no email letting me know either. I was hoping to email you with my problem but can't see an email option anywhere ?, the chat option was switched off and last time I rang you I spend ages on the phone. Can anyone enlighten me please?

8 REPLIES 8
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: No email to confirm new contract

vivien186

Thanks for the help but I can only see open questions (relating to other things) and no option to ask a new question there?

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Fix

Hi @vivien186, thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear you have not received email confirmation of your contract. I have sent this to yourself via email now, please let us know if you still have not received it.

Unfortunately as we provide the start and end date of contracts via email upon sign up, we don't then contact customers towards the end of their contract. I do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
vivien186

Thanks for sorting it Alice Wink

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Not a problem, if we can help with anything else don't hesitate to get back in contact.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
MaryB1

Do take care on this topic.  I was a loyal and satisfied customer with Plus net for some years.  It was only when I mailed them thinking that I missed  notification of contract renewal after I noticed that my direct debit payment had suddenly increased (as others have done) that I was told that Plus net do not issue notification mails telling you that your contract is about to expire.  I had (mistakenly, it seems, via a BBC consumer programme) got the impression that it was a requirement that companies issue  a notice, that it was told it was up to me to check this. I am disappointed that company I used to recommend to my friends for customer service seems to have outgrown itself.  There is a reply to one of the mails here about how to find out how much contract time you still have recommending using 'change my product' where you can see this info. and then come out of that page.  It seems the only method. I am now tied into a new contract that I did not agree to but I have seen that there are fees payable should I wish to cancel, so I have written this expiry date on my 2019 calendar and will arrange termination about a month or so before that date.  On the subject of time spent on the help phone line, do be prepared for a long wait each time.  I make sure I have water to hand and am comfortable before I ring.  Recent times were 20 and 25 minutes wait.  One Sunday afternoon after a 50 minute wait for a contact I had to replace my phone, as it had run out of hold time.  Any response you do get can be difficult to communicate too.  One I spoke to could not understand letters of the alphabet when I tried to spell my name.  Good luck.  If you get the right person they can be useful.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It shows on the portal your contract length, or you can ask any support person and we'll be able to advise of this for you. Suggestions have been put forward regarding automatically announcing when discounts are due to end.

You don't automatically move into a new contract unless you specifically agree it with us. If you need any of the support team to look into this for you, do let any of us know.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
gofaster
Rising Star

@plusnettony wrote:

It shows on the portal your contract length

Where on the portal does it show the contract length? I have seen many customers asking when their contract expires - if it was easy to find on the portal then I'm sure they wouldn't have needed to use already overstretched support team time.