Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email for £75 cashback

FIXED
Dacota789

No email for £75 cashback

Hello there,

I signed up as a new customer at the beginning of October as the £75 cashback offer appealed. I spoke to an advisor shortly after via online chat who advised that I didn't need to do anything and that I would receive a cheque in the post, but this may take some time. Needless to say this never happened.

When I called the other day after I felt Plusnet had had enough time to post the cheque, I was advised that I should have been in touch to activate this offer and that I would have received an email. As it was a long time after I had started my contract, I was no longer entitled to this cashback! I receive all emails from Plusnet without any issues and can categorically say that I never received this. I am also disappointed that I had received misinformation during my online chat (which you will no doubt have the transcript of).

I am disgusted by this and ask that you look at my account. Had I known about the email and time limit, I would have obviously followed this up sooner.

6 REPLIES 6
LiamPike

Re: No email for £75 cashback

I'm also waiting for a email about the cashback (not in junkmail either)
Almost a month since i signed up and 2 weeks of activation. 

Seems to be a lot of customers having trouble with cashback.

Plusnet are you planning on many customers not following the cashback offer up, so the automatically fall out of the time frame of receiving the said "£75 cash back offer" ? 

Too many complaints on this message board for it to be a coincidence. 

Dacota789

Exactly. Why is the onus on us to chase up these emails / cashback? If you offer it as part of the incentive to book with you, it should just be given, without all these unnecessary hoops to jump through. Of course we want the £75... it shouldn’t need a response to the (sometimes non existent) email you send, for you to confirm that we are interested in receiving what we are rightly owed.

They must be saving themselves a lot of money in non-payment, as there must be many customers who give up chasing it.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,

The reason cashback offers are provided this way is because we use a third party company to take care of that for us and that's part of the process of how it's processed I'm afraid. We do appreciate your feedback and I'm really sorry for the misadvice offered when you spoke to our sales team. I've just added a ticket to your account with a suggestion in light of what's happened: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=198664916

Please take a look and feel free to reply back here when you've responded. 

@LiamPike I've just checked your account and the code used for cashback appears to be from an affiliate site (i.e topcashback, uSwitch etc) that means you'd need to query the cashback with the site you chose the offer from. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Tags (1)
Dacota789

Hello Adam,

Just to let you know that I have responded to your ticket.

Would be grateful if you could let me know your thoughts.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Thanks, I've just dealt with that for you and have sent a reply back to the ticket. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Dacota789

Hi Adam,

I appreciate your involvement in this matter and I look forward to receiving the £75 in due course.

Thanks again.