Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No contract no Correct billing

Jobirt55
Dabbler

No contract no Correct billing

Now 4 months down the line. 

Plusnet are still taking £17.99  from my bank every month, should only be £12.

no communications for over a month despite being told I would have regular updates.

Still no contract, any suggestions where I can go now? 

Completely unacceptable!

11 REPLIES 11
Complaint
Hooked

Re: No contract no Correct billing

I assume that you told Plusnet - in writing - that they are charging you the incorrect amount.

If not that is the first path. In writing only, tell them of the error via the email system. Keep notes of this, as they have a habit of misplacing these correspondences if it is to their advantage. Screen grab or PDF of pages.

You will find they like to call you from a Private number so there is no record of the call. Tell them to only correspond with you via email and hang up, unless you can record telephone calls?

If you have already done this and they are still continuing with a course of action which is against your contract terms, they are liable to set things right, but you have to give them a deadline to put it right (In writing of course) their email system is the best way and make sure you keep a record of the reference numbers and correspondence.

If after your deadline (you have to set a deadline!!) they still have not resolved the issue. Cancel your direct debit and wait for them to start kicking up a fuss.

Tell them the error and tell them that they need to sort out the issue first before you pay them again and that they now owe you compensation for their error. Which according the the FCA guidelines you are, and they know it.

Whilst there is an ongoing complaint they are not allowed to pass this on to anyone. If they do you have an even bigger compensation claim and complaint against them.

Plusnet are a shower and need telling. My tale is quite long but along a similar line to yours.

Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from ADLS Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Jobirt55,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm really sorry that you have not received your refund as yet, the delay is not ideal and I appreciate your frustration about this. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have requested an urgent update from our Billing Team about this. We will respond to you as soon as we have more information to offer from the Billing Team.

If you need anything further, please do let us know.

Thanks - LF

Jobirt55
Dabbler

Yet again, my hopes are raised that dropped like a rock!

Received a phone call out of the blue,yesterday re my account & incorrect billing.

The caller did not realise that although my billing is supposedly suspended Money is still be taken out of my account, ( about £6 per month than my charges)

I was expecting a call today before 11am, he promised . But nothing, except an email stating he had tried to call but no answer!

i was at home the phone did not ring, & was not in use!

what an unacceptable service. 6 months down the line, Apparently my billing is unavailable 

I have to admit defeat, I need to look for another supplier!

what will happen if I leave Plusnet? Will they still take money out of my account? Will I get a refund for my overpayment! 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Good morning @Jobirt55,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

I am very sorry that an advisor did not callback as promised, rest assured I have passed feedback on internally in regards to this.

Your account information is with our incident management team, who will roll out a fix on your account once one has been developed.

With regards to leaving our services, once you have signed up with another provider you will receive a leaving notification that will detail the date you are due to leave, along with a cancellation charge (if applicable). Once your account has closed, you will receive a final invoice within the 21 days afterwards. This will include any refunds/call charges (if applicable) that will be processed straight away.

Please get back in touch if there is anything else we can help with.

Thank you.

Jobirt55
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply.

Appart from my severe frustration with Plusnet my main concern is that even if I leave the automated direct debit will continue.

i have been told numerous times that no one can access my billing at all ever since September, so how can they do it if I leave?

Having been told that my billing has been suspended, yet money is still leaving my bank each month.

As for any charges we were on a rolling contract for which we had been on for longer than the minimum requirement.This is how this whole saga started.My billing went up significantly, I had not received any notification of this increase. I was charged for line rental which I had paid up front.

its just a headache.

Unfortunately I will not have any internet access for about 3 weeks so will not be able to communicate for that time.

scottrc
Rising Star

Just to add to this, I am facing the same problem as you and opened another thread a while ago. My contract is priced at £23.99 per month but have been overcharged since September 2018. They are currently taking £39.98 from my account every month. I took it to the Ombudsman and Plusnet basically just said I can leave if I want to. I was not happy with that and asked the Ombudsman to decide as I am still awaiting a refund. I'm still waiting for them to finish. I never got a refund for January. They are blaming this on some kind of billing issue. I have no idea what kind of billing issue takes 5 months to fix. I even offered a simple way to fix the issue, by cancelling the current contract and opening a new 12 month contract at the same price, as I'm nearly 6 months into the 18 months anyway. However they said this was not possible.

Complaint
Hooked

As I have said before. They have broken contract first. You are perfectly within your legal rights to notifying them of their error and tell them to correct it and cancel the direct debit. Once the direct debit is cancelled they have to sort the issue out and they certainly cannot charge your account any more money. Be prepared to go to another supplier, in the long run you will be better off.

They have to put right your situation and if they make no effort after repeated attempts from you to correct the situation by letting them know, in writing of course, then there is nothing they can do to harass you. The law is on your side.

FYI. Make sure you cancel your direct debit with your bank via Plusnet.

I hope that helps.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Jorbirt55,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

I am sorry these issues are still ongoing and I apologise for the frustration caused.

I have looked over your account and created an open complaint ticket with further information. You can view the ticket here.

Thank you.

Jobirt55
Dabbler

I have replied to your response,but I will not have access to the internet for approx 3 weeks, 

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @Jobirt55 I have responded to your comments on the support ticket here

Kind Regards