cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No compensation and no refund

AndyD134

No compensation and no refund

I set up an account for another property - guaranteed that the router would arrive before the broadband was switched on.  It wasn't...

- I was given a £20 credit and told to drive to Argos 40 miles away and buy a router.

- After over 3 hours of driving I get back to find they told me the wrong thing, and the router wouldn't work, I needed a modem-router.

- I speak to someone on the phone to simply understand what can be done to resolve it, and all they are interested in is telling me that I am wrong; I wasn't actually promised that the router would arrive on time, and I wouldn't have been told to get a router.

- I discuss compensation for this with someone, and they begin with an offer that only just covers my outlay.  I naturally expect them to offer something to cover the huge amount of time spent on the phone and driving, for their mistake.  they add just £20.

- around two months later and I have still received nothing.

- in the meantime I had looked at plusnet for our home, and was told that my guaranteed minimum speed was going to be 70.6MB.  So I cancelled my current provider and arranged everything for Openreach and the installation.

- the confirmation of order email comes, and states that my guaranteed minimum is actually 35MB (or thereabouts).  I ring up to query this, and they confirm that is correct, so I have to cancel and sort out service with someone else.

- a month later still no refund of the initial setup costs.

With both payments I spent ages on the phone to speak to someone to find out why they hadn't paid, and was told there was just a long delay and they would be coming imminently.

Still nothing.

Between the litany of failures of guarantees - across the two accounts (the second one essentially being mis-selling) - together with this complete lack of payment of compensation and refund of money for services mis-sold, I feel this is a quite significant case?  

As I understand it I must get a letter re complaint, so I can go to the ombudsmen - anyone confirm if this is right, and if this is the best route?

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: No compensation and no refund

Hi @AndyD134

I am really sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced and for any inconvenience caused to you as a result. I have responded further via a support ticket on your account here

AndyD134

Thank you.

And what about the refund on the other account for the other property?  You have had my money for quite some time now...

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @AndyD134

Can you please send me a Private Message with your other account's username and full home address, including your postcode.

Once we have these details, we can look into this for you.

Please comment on this thread once you have sent me a PM, so we can continue to assist you.

Many thanks.

Anon
Pro

@AndyD134 wrote:

As I understand it I must get a letter re complaint, so I can go to the ombudsmen - anyone confirm if this is right, and if this is the best route?

Many thanks

For the Ombudsman services to look at your complaint and request for compensation you really do have to have raised a frmal compliant with Pnet and got an answer  and for that answer to be recognised as a deadlock situation.

If it is the best route, perhaps it is the only route if you have not reached any way forward through your complaint.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.