cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No cancellation notice received

SuziMc

No cancellation notice received

On Monday 17 September I moved my phone line and broadband to another provider. Both are up and working correctly.

In a letter from Plusnet dated 3 September, they confirmed cancellation of my phone contract with them and stated "If you are also moving your broadband service - (we've not got confirmation of this yet) this should happen on the date set above and will result in the cancellation of your Plusnet account. We'll send you another letter with further details if this is the case."

I have not received a letter from Plusnet confirming cancellation and advising of my final bill payment for the period 01/09/2018 - 16/09/2018.

My account page shows that my bill was meant to be generated on 19 September, but nothing is shown as yet.

I have tried to call your customer services line today to get further information about this, but was met with an adviser who had no interest in helping and just shoved me on hold. After 15 mins, I gave up.

From reading other posts it seems that Plusnet have a habit of continuing to bill customers who have left and I don't want this to happen to me so I would appreciate this being sorted out as soon as possible.

Whatever happens, I will be cancelling my direct debit agreement for Plusnet via my bank on 1 October to ensure that no unauthorised payments can be taken.

6 REPLIES 6
gerrarda
Dabbler

Re: No cancellation notice received

I was going to cancel my direct debit aswell but plusnet need to refund the £39 they took, even though they had plenty of warning from me about the issue before hand. They kept claiming that they’d cancel the bill and close the account but they didn’t. They are so enept I wouldn’t be surprised if they started impacting ex-customers credit ratings if they failed to take money out of an account even though you are no longer a customer.
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I migrated my phone and BB separately a few months ago and, like you, only got the letter regarding the phone.  Have you checked the tickets ("questions") on your account?  That's how I found confirmation that PN knew about the BB migration.  There should also be a ticket detailing your final bill, although it may not be in a user-friendly format.  Your final bill should also appear where all your previous bills are, but with the new billing system it may not be easy to locate.

Hope this helps.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear that.

We'll update you on your account shortly

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Note the key phrase in Plusnet’s Letter - they had not been advised of a transfer of the broadband.

The migration of services is notified by BT to the losing ISP. If that advisory is not raised then how is Plusnet to know the service has been moved?

It would be helpful if the reports of these cases identified the gaining supplier ... there is some possibility that they are running their end of the industry process incorrectly. The fact that Plusnet make a point of advising that there’s a phone transfer notice but no broadband transfer notice tells me that something is broken in the process outside of Plusnet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

gerrarda
Dabbler

I switched to BT. I received a letter about the phone line switching but plusnet still decided to line rental payment for September to October even though I left in August.

Note to mods - please don’t add another note to my account saying my account is now closed and that I will get a final bill in 20 days. You should see 4 of your colleagues have already updated the ticket with that same info.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

@JonoH

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.