Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No apparent way to trigger a payment of a bill

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: No apparent way to trigger a payment of a bill

Hi @JPN I apologise that you have not been able to update your card details online.

I've inquired about this and we are not aware of any internal issues that are affecting customers updating their payment methods online, so it could be that this is a temporary error which we expect will be resolved shortly. I would advise trying this again in 24 hours and if you are still getting the same error you may update your details over the phone, whilst we raise this for further investigation.

In regards to your refund, my colleague has provided an update on this here

Please get back in touch if you have any questions

JPN
Rising Star

Thank you.  I have tried again this morning and have the same problem.  I have added some more detail and a screenshot of the error to the ticket.

You may like to bring this to the attention of Adam Walker, as he mentioned above he would wish to know if there were continuing problems.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @JPN thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. I have investigated this further and have updated you via the support ticket on your account here

I'm not aware that Adam has personal ownership of this matter, nevertheless I have passed him on the details should there be anything he needs to discuss with you in regards to this.

Kind Regards,

JPN
Rising Star

Well, as expected since the system would not allow me to update the card details, the billing failed again on 3rd March.  (I had spoken to an assistant on the phone a couple of days beforehand to see if this could be avoided, but she also could not update the card details).

Immediately the billing failed, restrictions were applied to the internet connection.  As before this rather bizarrely allowed me to access the web (albeit rather slowly), but would not allow me to access the plusnet member centre (it kept timing out).  

This time however I was able to access the member centre from a totally different (non-plusnet) connection and make the payment.  The restrictions were then lifted.  

One might hope that having now made a payment with the correct card details, that would be saved for the next occasion, but no. I have just logged in to see that the old card details are still in the system, and trying to change the card details results in the same redirecting error as before.  I can therefore expect the same problems next month.

I have had a number of messages through the ticket system and via email to say that the issue is still being explored, so at least that is something.

I have noticed that in the payment history on my account, there is a payment on 16th Jan (which is correct) but there is also a £0.00 payment listed on 17th. I don't know if that is anything to do with causing the glitches. (I gather there is a 'queuing' issue of somesort).

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @JPN,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry your card details were not saved, I appreciate this would have saved time for you.

You should have seen an on-screen prompt to save the card details for future, otherwise the details are for one-off use only. This may have been browser-related, so clearing cookies and cache would have helped, as would trying a different browser.

With regards to the extra line on your statement showing an amount of £0.00, this should be ignored.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

JPN
Rising Star

Well, right on time the system again fails to allow me to update my card details before the bill was due on 3rd April. It then, when the card payment inevitably fails, restricts access TO THE PLUSNET SITES SO I CANT PAY THE BILL, whilst allowing access to the rest of the web. Just bizarre.  I could access the payment site from a non-plusnet account, and paid with  the new card details. NOWHERE on the pages was an option to save these details for future payments. So the old card details are still there waiting to fail next month. [I have gone in since the payment, to see if I could then change the card details on an unrestricted account, but no, that doesn't work either].

I see the tickets that were open on this are now closed and inaccessible from my member centre account. 

That is the fourth month in a row, and it will inevitably happen again next month.

Extraordinarily frustrating, to say the least.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear this.

I've raised a ticket on your account with a potential solution.

Let us know how you get on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
JPN
Rising Star

That, if I may say so, was an excellent bit of lateral thinking.  I have now been able to update the card info, and will wait in hopeful anticipation for May 3rd. and a successful outcome.

Many thanks

JR

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @JPN I have updated your ticket with a response.

You can view this ticket by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Kind regards.