cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No apparent way to trigger a payment of a bill

JPN
Rising Star

No apparent way to trigger a payment of a bill

Due to  an unscheduled re-issue of a credit card, a payment due on 3rd Jan was not taken for my broadband account. I have updated the payment details to reflect the new card. The system has acknowledged the change of payment details. It has not however triggered taking the overdue payment. 

I have received a couple of reminder emails, which direct me to the member centre. Once I've logged in however there appears to be no way of paying the bill, or triggering the payment in any way.  I can see the bill, but can't pay it.

Assistance would be appreciated!

23 REPLIES 23
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: No apparent way to trigger a payment of a bill

@JPN,

I've had a look at your account and tried to resubmit the payment from the new details for you but this didn't work (for the same reason you noted - the payment shows but it doesn't at the same time). Unfortunately it looks like it's affected by an internal problem which occurs when payment details change on account. I've created a ticket for us to monitor this for you here.

JPN
Rising Star

Thank you for setting up the monitoring. I see from the ticket that that is still in progress. I am worried that your system is likely in the next day or so to trigger an account restriction and additional charges as it will consider the bill not paid.  Is there a likelihood that the issue can be sorted before this happens?

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi JPN@

I'm afraid we don't have a turnaround for this fix as of yet.

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused but as advised by JOLO this has been raised for monitoring purposes.

Please feel free to get back in touch should you experience any further issues.

Kind Regards

JPN
Rising Star

I'm sorry to press you on this, but I'm expecting that today or tomorrow your system will cut off my internet access and add penalty charges. If it does so I won't be able to 'get back in touch' very easily.  Is there a way of making sure that this doesn't happen whilst the problem is sorted out?

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @JPN

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry that you were having problems with paying your invoice.

I can see that this has now been resolved and you are able to make payment for your invoice.

I have responded to you with further details here

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

JPN
Rising Star

Thanks for the further reply. I'm afraid that the url you give in the ticket messages just goes to an error page. (I've attached a screen capture of the error page to the open ticket.  Otherwise, there is still no place in the account pages that either identifies an overdue payment, or allows me to pay it.  I've tried to access this through the 'contact us' pages; there there is a link for 'overdue payment'. That just takes me to the same places I've already been.  I've just rung the helpline, but that has a long wait, and I have to go out now for meetings for the rest of the day, into the evening. It's very frustrating!

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @JPN

I am really sorry to hear that you are still having issues when trying to pay your invoice online.

I have responded here

Let us know how you get on.

JPN
Rising Star

Thanks for your help. In the end, it had to be done over the telephone. That was very straight forward, and the staff most helpful, which was appreciated as it was very late in the evening.  All sorted now. 

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @JPN

Thank you for providing us with an update and the positive feedback.

I have updated your ticket. You can view my response by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Best wishes.

JPN
Rising Star

Well, despite having changed to a new card, the system has again not succeeded in taking payment on 3rd Feb.  I have been trying to log onto the member centre, but the system just times out.  I can log in here, but the response is very slow - it's taking ages to load each page.  I shall try again later,  but this is getting very frustrating. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry to see that hasn't worked again, please try again later as you've mentioned and let us know if that's still an issue. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JPN
Rising Star

Well, I've now spoken to the customer services staff on the telephone, and a very helpful lady was able to sort it out. She could confirm that the correct card details were in the system, but that the sum due was not taken. At first she could not access the bill to take the payment, but after a few tries from different directions the system eventually took the payment. 

Frustratingly, after having sent me an email today to tell me that the payment failed three days ago, your systems then proceeded to put restrictions on the line in a rather curious manner.  I could access almost any other website on the planet, other than the plus-net ones I needed to reach to sort things out.  The community site was very slow, taking up to a minute to load a page. The member centre just timed out.

I imagine things will be fine now, but I'm not overly confident that the same thing won't happen next month.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just double checked the account and there are no restrictions at all in place now. I'm sorry for all the difficulties with this and do should up if there's any further problems as I'd like to take personal ownership of getting things resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
JPN
Rising Star

Ho Hum,

I've just had my card statement, and I see that the promised refunding of charges taken in January didn't happen.  As that wasn't problem enough, I've just been into the member centre in order to change the card that is on the account, as that needs changing before the next billing cycle at the beginning of March.  

I went to the 'billing' page, chose 'new payment method' selected 'debit/credit card' and 'next'. The system threw up a  'there is a problem with your payment' message and then went into  a continuous cycle of refreshing that page. 

Is there any chance we could have this properly sorted before we reach the March billing point, and the whole sorry saga kicks off again?