Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No account password when signed up

BenniC
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

No account password when signed up

Hi guys my mum signed up with plusnet as part of the getonline@home scheme, the problem is she was only asked for a username when she signed up and not a password. She has recieved a letter of confirmation which included her username and a service id number (which i dont have to hand) and the router. If i give you her details could someone look into it please.
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: No account password when signed up

and the router
You don't actually need the password to get connected, the router will self configure. You will need it should it be necessary to login to the members centre though.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BenniC
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply MisterW. Im a Plusnet customer myself so i know its just a case of plugging the router in and letting it do its thing. But as you say it is needed for the members centre, and without it she cannot check her account.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If she calls our support team they'll be able to help? It'd be helpful if she had the payment details handy, I believe they'll be used as part of the authentication process.
BenniC
Dabbler

Thanks Matt, I shall pass that on to her.