Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Reward Card Email - 16 days (and counting) since Activation

preecejon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: No Reward Card Email - 16 days (and counting) since Activation

I have had a response from plusnet with this mentioned..

"within the terms and conditions it states it can take up to 60 days to receive the reward."

I have read the terms multiple times and cannot see any mention of 60 days. Have you? Am I missing something? When I asked where I can find the terms I was given this link:

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/
preecejon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Now support staff have messaged me saying the terms DONT mention 60 days. So they lied to me when they said it did!

I have messages from support saying two completely different things. Plusnet are terrible and just keep digging a deeper hole
Armin_Tamzarian
Grafter

@preecejon 

You said:

Now support staff have messaged me saying the terms DONT mention 60 days. So they lied to me when they said it did!

I have messages from support saying two completely different things. Plusnet are terrible and just keep digging a deeper hole

Yes - I had a similar experience to you. When I called PlusNet to ask why they had not sent me the Reward Card claim email, the CSA told me - it "takes up to 30 days" to receive the email then - once I submit the claim - a further 30 days to receive the card. Maybe this is where they're getting the 60 days they quoted to you? Whatever, it's still incorrect.

I gave up trying to convince the CSA and posted my question on here: If you look at post 2 of this thread, you can read the response from @abails0105 :

You should have received an email within 10 working days of your service going live to claim your reward. The reward is then sent within 30 days of you claiming.

So Plusnet CSAs who say it takes up to 30 days for the claim email to be sent and/or up to 60 days to receive the Reward Card are either:

a) Inexperienced

b) Confused

c) Deliberately stating incorrect information

I'm prepared to give Plusnet the benefit of the doubt and say it's (a) or (b). Possibly both.

Armin_Tamzarian
Grafter

Okay, earlier today I received my Reward Card claim email - more than a week after the period of 10 working days since activation had elapsed. Presumably, the alleged problem with the IT system sending out claim emails has been fixed - if it ever existed.

I submitted my claim and got an automated response email which says:

Your reward is on its way!

Thanks for claiming your Plusnet Reward. We're processing the details and will send it out to the address you provided when you signed up. It could take up to 30 days to arrive, but in the meantime you can start planning what you'll be spending it on!

So my Reward Card should be with me no later than 21 June. Assuming they don't mean 30 working days, that is.

At no point in the process did it mention the amount of the Reward Card: I can only hope the Reward Card turns up and that it is worth the £75 promised by Plusnet. We will see...