cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Problems........until you have a problem

neilgreig
Dabbler

No Problems........until you have a problem

I have been on an 18 month contract with Plusnet which comes to an end on 27th July.

I have asked to cancel and disconnect from Plusnet due to me selling my house and moving in with relatives until my new house is ready.

I phoned Plusnet and after waiting 42 minutes for them to answer, I explained my situation and was informed that they would add the disconnection fee of £30, which was fine. (sadly they tried to overcharge me for my final month by not applying my monthly discount and loyalty bonus)

After asking via the question section from the "My Account Page" to organise the final all inclusive payment by Direct Debit, it has now gone past my payment date with nothing taken from my bank account and sadly having the question put on hold and taken off hold several times.

Why is it difficult to take the total final bill via direct debit on the due date.

This whole episode does not inspire me with confidence and raises doubts regarding my new phone and internet provider when I move in to my new house. 

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: No Problems........until you have a problem

Sorry for any confusion caused.

We're looking into this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
neilgreig
Dabbler

Still nothing has been done to either let me have a final bill or take the payment from my bank.

What on earth do I have to do to resolve this situation.

You keep putting my question on hold then taking it of hold, escalating to a different department.

Someone at Plusnet need to own this problem and get it sorted.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Apologies for the delays with this, I can see you spoke with us this morning and it's been resolved.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
neilgreig
Dabbler

It was resolved because one member of staff decided to do their job by making a 2 minute phone call to your accounts section which the previous 8 members of customer support could not be bothered to do.

I had to keep calling and messaging for over 3 weeks constantly trying to get someone to let me have a final bill and take payment.

Fortunately [CSA Removed] in customer support did a great job, something that the previous 8 members of customer services either did not have the knowledge or just could not be bothered to do.

Bizarrely, you did manage to suggest putting my account in the hands of Debt Recovery!  

Your TV advert regarding going that extra mile to deal with customers problems has not quite been taken on board. It seems that one member is going forward that extra mile whilst the other 8 are stuck in reverse gear.

I had planned to come back to Plusnet when I moved into my new house but like so many others all over the internet, I wont be back

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, I'll be sure to pass on some feedback about that.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team