cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Payments Taken Since November

Cruisenanny

No Payments Taken Since November

I have only today come across this forum, how enlightening! I haven’t had any DD payments taken since reconnection after a house move back in November 18. Any advice as to what I should do, my account shows £75 credit. What are these tickets you refer to? TIA

Moderators Note: Topic title changed.

9 REPLIES 9
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Re: 'Stuck' November 2nd payments - any news?

This is one place where you can ask a question and see tickets for questions already raised (as well as 'service' tickets)
https://www.plus.net/wizard/

Also here for queries about your account https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/residential/customer-services/

Hope this helps

Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: 'Stuck' November 2nd payments - any news?

Moderators Note

Post split from another thread for better visibility. 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: No Payments Taken Since November

Hi @Cruisenanny 

We’re aware that a small number of customers are still experiencing problems from our new billing system and we’re working hard to fix these legacy issues. We want to reassure those affected that may not have received a bill from us recently, we’re doing all we can to get everything back on track. We’re sorry that this isn’t the service customers have come to expect from us and give our assurance this will be sorted as soon as we can. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Also note that when billing is recommenced on your account only the charges for the previous 90 days will be invoiced.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

I see that having a DD in place is NOT always the answer to this problem @Townman how enlightening! I haven’t had any DD payments taken since reconnection

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

In the context of this issue no one has suggested that having a DD arrangement in place is a fix. I think you might be confusing the failure to invoice issue (billing suspended) with the consequences of failing to pay via DD or a payment card - they are very different.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote "Generally all restrictions are readily avoided by having active automatic payment arrangements (a direct debit or payment card) registered on the account."

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Service-Restrictions-After-Failed-Payment/m-p/16553...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@smiffy1 

I am not understanding the point you seek to make here. Huh

THIS topic is discussing no payments having been taken (no invoice having been raised) since November - this can occur due to the "API error" mentioned in some posts or due to whatever other reason account billing is suspended.  The presence of a DD on the account will have no bearing on a user experiencing this issue.  I do not believe that anyone has suggested otherwise.

However, the linked to topic is discussing the "failed payment" restrictions which occur after an invoice has been raised where the attempt to collect funds failed.  Such failures GENERALLY (that is more often than not) occur where there is no automated payment arrangement on the account.  SPECIFICALLY they can also occur if there are insufficient funds available or the transaction was not successful for some other reason.

I think given your presence an commenting on numerous topics in this area, you are aware that some people do not see the "Continue Browsing" button on the splash screen - which is a specific sub issue of encountering the splash screen.  There is a reoccurring theme of "you fixed the restrictions a few days ago and they are back again" … the failed payment splash screen will "kick-in" on days 1, 5 and 10 after the invoice was raised, whilst the account remains in arrears.  Automated payment arrangements avoid users encountering failed payment restrictions and having got there, paying the bill generally makes them go away.

Is there some other angle here you are thinking of which has eluded me?

Anon
Pro

Welcome t o the no pay, no ability to pay, no prospect of being able to pay ISP.

What ever they say it WILL be sorted by 3019.

Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.