cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Payments Being Taken

poppy4

No Payments Being Taken

I have just noticed that since my last payment in April nothing has been taken from my account I contacted plusnet to be told there has been some errors in some people's payments and this is about to be rectified.
Why I wonder was this not pointed out to me, I only noticed because I checked my bank statements and noticed my DD had not been taken.
I was told the outstanding amount will not be taken in one lump sum, could you please confirm that this is so.
I have been reading some people have had trouble with their mobile payments but mine is for broadband and phoneline only.
I am worried as to how this has happened and like I say why I was not informed.

My account also states I am £75 in credit?

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: No Payments Being Taken

Hi Poppy,

A warm welcome to the forums.

There are circumstances under which accounts end up in suspended billing, mine was due to processing a refund on an over charge. It appears that substantially accounts get into a black hole in the billing system.

Plusnet have advised on several occasions that when such an account ‘emerges’ from suspension that no more than the preceding 90 days not previously billed charges will be invoiced. If the customer has hardship in meeting the 3 month bill, payment arrangements will be made on a case by case basis.

I would recommend that you put aside your typical monthly charge for when this is sorted.

As for not being informed - one might consider the absence of the expected billing email gave some indication that something was not right ... however only by visiting here were you likely to find out what / why.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi Poppy,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear of the billing issues you're experiencing.

Could you please pop the username across for your account via a PM and we'll take a look at this for you?

Best wishes

Dave

poppy4

Thank you for your reply, as for the absence of the email I hardly check my emails I only noticed because I checked my DD. I have been with plusnet for some times and this has never happened before.
I sort of expect the company concerned to take care of the payments, I provide the money they collect it.

Will wait and see what happens next.

Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Poppy.

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've dug a bit of digging and I believe I've found your account.

Unfortunately it looks like due to an issue your account is affected by we've had to suspend the billing temporarily however this isn't anything to worry about because we're actively working on the problem.

Once this is resolved we'll generate your invoice which will be no more than 90 days worth of bills leading up to the invoice generating. If you need any assistance paying this, please let us know and we'll be happy to discuss a payment plan to split the cost over more than one month.

With regards to the £75 credit can you advise where you're seeing this? It sounds like you're referring to the credit limit we give all customers that we provide a phone service to. As we don't credit check you for broadband/home phone accounts this is basically like a barrier to try to stop you incurring an excessive amount of call charges within a month.

Once the credit limit is reached your phone service will be restricted unless you top up or your bill date comes around.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

@poppy4  "I contacted plusnet to be told there has been some errors in some people's payments and this is about to be rectified. " Grin

the billing problems have been going on since last September ,,,,,   i dont think About to be rectifed is anywhere near Shocked

Just seen this post https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Overcharging-and-billing-chaos/td-p/1648341

where he says "What he did say, which I find incredible but honest, was that he could not guarantee that the exact same issue wouldn't happen on my account next month or the next etc.  "