cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No MAC key after 5 days!!!

kryten1st
Grafter

No MAC key after 5 days!!!

I requested my MAC key on Monday so was expecting my MAC key today.  Having just checked I have several answers on the ticket system with strange messages that mean nothing to me  Roll_eyes  for example  We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 35338401 ] has now been returned to the Cancellation - Mac pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.   or this  <internal>Please generate mac code manually. There was problems contacting the supplier   or  this one  Unfortunately there was a problem whilst requesting your MAC Key:  Problems getting in touch with our supplier meant that we couldn't get a MAC Key at the moment.  We will try placing an order again shortly and let you know the outcome.  and this  Thank you for your MAC key request. We have been unable to generate this as your services are already in the process of moving away from us. Our billing team will now calculate any final fees that may be applicable.
Could one of the helpful plusnet guys on the forum have a quick butchers for me and give me some idea what all this means and when will my MAC key will be forthcoming (please plusnet dont screw this up for me)  I would also like to thank plusnet for nearly 6 years of very reliable stable 6meg broadband (after removing an RF filter myself but thats another story) but like many I have to cut back on spending  Cry 
7 REPLIES 7
fourfourdevon
Grafter

Re: No MAC key after 5 days!!!

It basically says (although I cannot comment on the truth of it) that your migration is already underway, so they cannot provide you with a MAC for migration.  In the same way that airport controller cannot give clearance to take off, when the plane is already in the process of taking off.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

another niggle is that is five working days, it depends on what time on Monday you requested it, you might not be at the five days til next Monday afternoon
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you requested a MAC within the last month (before your recent request) that you haven't used?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
geoffellis

Thass nuffink, I requested a MAC key on the 14th, nuffink yet, shite, innit  Undecided
geoffellis

Quote from: pierre_pierre
another niggle is that is five working days, it depends on what time on Monday you requested it, you might not be at the five days til next Monday afternoon

I think this is difficult to work out, tis for me anyway. The problem is Plusnet obviously only work two half days a week, and we don't know what days they are.  Wink
kryten1st
Grafter

I think from those strange messages they tried to get my MAC key but failed somehow.  I hope this isn't any type of delay tactics in the hope I might change my mind, as the guy I spoke to when I requested my MAC tried to get me to stay with some offer or other but he either hadn't got a clue what he was saying, or was downright lying.  He told me sky's £7.50 a month upto 20Mb  unlimited broadband is actually 20 gig a month and going by my monthly usage they would charge me £27 a month extra on top of the £7.50 which is absolute nonsense.  I seem to remember seeing somewhere they have to provide you with a MAC within a certain time, anyone know what that is?  I don't like change and have been happy with my broadband from plusnet but I have to start saving dosh somewhere.  I have a bad feeling as I have to deal with BT, SKY and PLUSNET so it's sure to go wrong but I didn't think it would be so soon  Cry
kryten1st
Grafter

Well just had a nice lady from Plusnet support actually ring me to say I dont need a MAC key so hopefully all is well!  Smiley  but it would have been nice for one of the messages in the ticket system to have said that.