cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet - Can I cancel?

johnmailer

No Internet - Can I cancel?

I have been with Plusnet since Feb but had it at my nans house and wasn't there much at all but for some reason the internet wasn't working and after a few times on hold for 10 minutes plus I gave up. So knowing I was moving soon I thought it might be down to my nan having a really old phone line so thought I would leave it until I moved into my new house which I have now done and STILL the internet line will not come on to show I have the internet.. This is so frustrating and I spent 30 minutes on the phone to the support team and they could still not fix it, said it might be the router? or the line but the technical team would look at it and phone me within 48 hours. It has been about 43 hours now and nothing so I phoned and was told it was in the queue to be looked at....
Now I have been paying for the internet for a few months now and have yet to even connect to it which I am sure you all know is frustrating...Been told something maybe to do with authencity?
What I want to know is that if it is not fixed within the next day or two I want to cancel it and move to someone who will actually provide me with the service that I am paying for!!! If I do I am not willing to pay extra to cancel as I haven't even had the Net!!!
Anyone know what I can do?
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: No Internet - Can I cancel?

Hi
This looks like something for the Digital Care Team to pick up on tomorrow as they usually work Monday to Friday.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

johnmailer,
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having and I'm surprised to hear that you have problems on the new line. I doubt the issues on the two lines are related and it does sound that this might be equipment related.
However I will take ownership of dealing with this for you and I'm confident that we'll get you sorted and surfing happily away again.
Bear with me, I'm off to do some tests for you and will try giving you a call ASAP.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As discussed when I called the line has no dial tone so you just need to give your phone provider a call.
However do give me a shout if you still have problems with our broadband service after that issue has been fixed.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pierre_pierre
Grafter

has he actually got a broadband line at his new house?
So knowing I was moving soon I thought it might be down to my nan having a really old phone line so thought I would leave it until I moved into my new house which I have now done
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I can't directly tell you that p_p rest assured the issue was the PSTN service which is with a third party.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team