cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Final Bill as promised on Tuesday and now can't login

jem16
Grafter

No Final Bill as promised on Tuesday and now can't login

My account was due to close on Tuesday 17th after my move away on the 10th. As my billing date is the 10th of the month an invoice was raised on that date for £33.97 which was debited on the 16th at my bank.
Logged into my account on the morning of the 17th to check for my Final Bill and refund as I would be due most, if not all, of that £33.97 back. I then noticed a Credit Note pending for £18.39 which simply said credit for overpaid subscription but no final bill with a breakdown.
Eventually got through to Customer Services and after various attempts to explain it, Billing was contacted who explained that the refund would be properly worked out when the account was fully closed. So fair enough and I asked for my Final Bill and any Refund notice to be emailed to me as I would presumably lose access to my account when it was closed.
However despite assurances that I would still have access after closure - which I told CS was not the case - and also assurances that the final bill would be emailed to me along with any refund notice, I have been unable to access my account since the evening of the 17th.
I have also received no emails from PlusNet apart from two;
One says my cancellation will take place on the 24th which is clearly not the case and the other tells me that the PlusNet Protect service ( which I never used anyway ) was now removed from my account.
There has been absolutely nothing about my Final Bill ( with appropriate breakdown ) and refund.
I have since discovered that the £18.39 has been credited to my Credit card for some reason but as you owe me most of the £33.97 bill from 10th November I would like to know what's happening to the rest.
A poor show regarding communication from PlusNet I'm afraid. Every other company I have been with has provided full details of the Final Bill and kept my account open long enough for me to actually see what was happening with it.
Could someone from the CRT please let me know what is going on with my refund?
4 REPLIES 4
jem16
Grafter

Re: No Final Bill as promised on Tuesday and now can't login

Would appreciate a bit of communication on this please.
jem16
Grafter

Well PlusNet, I know I'm no longer a customer and therefore not exactly important, but I might have returned one day now that fibre has been enabled at my cabinet.
However this lack of even the courtesy of a reply is not filling me with confidence of a speedy return.  Sad
What is going on with this once great company?  Undecided
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

That's a good question. One certainly wonders whether the people doing those tickets that you mention actually know what they are doing.
We moaned a lot at one time about accounts being closed on the day customers moved so they couldn't see final billing or any other outstanding issues on the account. It seems that closure might now have been moved to 7 days after transfer of service, but what's the point of then saying it'll be another 7 days after - but it wasn't, and a final bill still hadn't been produced Roll_eyes
jem16
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
but what's the point of then saying it'll be another 7 days after - but it wasn't, and a final bill still hadn't been produced Roll_eyes

Not a lot of point.
Very disappointing way for it all to be dealt with in the first place but extremely disappointing to have no reply either from CRT on this thread. I know you are probably busy but just a wee update would be appreciated please.
Nine months ago I had excellent help on these forums from yourself and PlusNet Tony and although we weren't able to get a satisfactory outcome in this instance, the help I received at that time kept me with PlusNet at least for the whole of the year.