cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DD set up!

Surfer
Grafter

No DD set up!

Previously I paid annually, but as we have changed the product and added our home phone and we expected a Direct Debit to be raised.  When applying you are asked to complete a DD form authorising Plusnet to debit your account.  Unfortunately this was overlooked and a DD was not raised.  I have manually raised one for the future however this month's payment is now due.  When they messed up last month I never knew there was an issue until my connection was throttled. 
Come on Plusnet get your act together for customers who like to pay on time.  Although I have raised a support note more than likely I will get choked before any action happens.  All I want to do is pay and then for my account to be debited on the 1st of every month as previously requested so I do not end up with arrears and a bad credit rating!.
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: No DD set up!

Hi there,
I can see you've set up a direct debit though there's credit card details on the account which has enabled us to take the payment, thank you for that.
DD setups usually take around 10-14 working days so it'll be ready in plenty of time for the next billing date. Unfortunately this is currently set to the 27th of each month rather than the 1st, I don't think we're able to change that for you unfortunately though - sorry about that.
Surfer
Grafter

That card is no longer valid.  In addition, Plusnet have been informed in writing that they do not have my permission to deduct any amount from any of my cards on numerous occasions.  This is to ensure that I always have sufficient funds in the account to avoid illegal overdraft charges.  Either way Plusnet should have ensured that the DD was set up.  Lets hope we have no further issues and that the current issue is resolved amicably.
Surfer
Grafter

Just received the following;
Dear Mr Xabababa,
Account username: bababa
We've not been able to take the payment due on 27/06/2012.
Payment due
-----------
Subscription and call charges: £10.22

What happens next
-----------------
You can continue to use your service for 14 days, up to your credit limit.
During this time, you should arrange payment. You can do this by going to the Member Centre:
https://portal.plus.net/
Just log in and follow the instructions.

Of course you have not been able to take a payment as you never set up a DD!    Grin
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Surfer,
Thanks for your time on the phone, glad we got it sorted. I've confirmed all we spoke about via your ticket and carried out the actions you requested.
Thanks,
Jojo Smiley
Surfer
Grafter

Thank you for resolving the issue.  Pity it was never done in the first place.  Hopefully no more payment issues.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'll pass your thanks as soon as Jojo is back at work.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team