Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No £75 cashback email

FIXED
Sarah1968
Dabbler

No £75 cashback email

Hi,

I have been with Plusnet since July, today I have rang them to discuss the £75 cashback reward that is offered when you sign up with them. To my dismay I was told this was emailed to me on 13th August and has now expired! I have definitely not had this email and was under the impression that I would receive this cashback offer after I have made 3 payments which I now have.

Anyone else have any experience of this?

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: No £75 cashback email

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Everything Else to Accounts / Billing.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
caranicole
Hooked

Hello, 

I also signed up to Plusnet back in July and I have also received no such email! I have seen both on this forum and from Twitter that a LOT of customers have experienced the same thing. I have had no luck getting through to plusnet on the phone and they will not respond to me on twitter. I did not receive any emails at all and my queries have been ignored - plusnet are lying to their customers and false advertising. I am considering both reporting them to trading standards and cancelling my contract. 

I have seen they have been telling a lot of customers they have supposedly sent this email, but no-one seems to have received them at all, so you are certainly not the only one! I am hoping by posting in this forum this gets resolved and their give their customers the £75 we were promised!

Sarah1968
Dabbler

Hi,

I have also read of lots of people who have had the same problem. I signed up for 18 months but if Plusnet can't fulfil their part of the contract by issuing the £75 cashback then I shall be leaving and not fulfilling mine!

It's false advertising and mis leading people! I managed to get through to them on the phone. To be told my cashback has expired was infuriating when I knew nothing about it! A case has been opened and someone from the relevant department should be contacting me, lets hope they do or I shall be taking this further.

Sarah1968
Dabbler

I am still waiting to hear from Plusnet regarding this 

caranicole
Hooked

Sadly I am not surprised, I am also still yet to hear from them. 

It seems Plusnet are nothing more than modern-day con artists! 

Sarah1968
Dabbler

There are laws about misleading people, I will be taking it further 

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi Cara,

Thanks for contacting us about your cashback or reward card, please check our FAQs for help. If you don’t find what you need then get back in touch https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/faqs/cashback-and-vouchers/

Thanks - LF

caranicole
Hooked

My service was activated at the beginning of August so I’d say that definitely more than 10 days... I have received no email at all, please can someone organise for this to be sent asap, thank you
Sarah1968
Dabbler

I am in the same situation, my service was activated on 7th August, I have not received any email and when I rang customer services on Sunday I was told my voucher has expired! This is a disgusting way to treat new customers and if its not resolved I will be leaving and going elsewhere

caranicole
Hooked

A staff member has got back to me and is claiming they sent me 2 emails in August - no such emails received! I check my emails every day, multiple times a day, include my junk and spam folder and I never received an email. If that was the case, why would I have ignored the emails and why do they think I am spending my evenings after a long day at work fighting with Plusnet for the money I was promised?! You only have to look through the many forums and on Twitter to see hundreds of other people were told the same thing. They are now telling me the offer has expired - I think i will be cancelling my contract and making a formal complaint to the Ombudsman! 

Sarah1968
Dabbler

I went to the complaints area of their webpage and started an online chat with an agent. My voucher was issued but never activated ( surprise, surprise I didn't get get!). I have been told it can't be issued again but they are sending me a cheque for £75 as an apology. I have an email confirming this and screen shots of the conversation so I am hopeful I will get it 

Sarah1968
Dabbler

Forgot to say the email with the voucher comes from purecard, their email is plusnet@purecard.com. Something else we arent told.....

caranicole
Hooked

I'm pleased to hear that, hopefully you will receive the cheque! Thank you for sharing this information too, especially as Plusnet offered me a cheque for only £35 as a 'gesture of goodwill' - considering they have offered you £75, I will definitely be pushing for the full £75 even more now! i told them I won't accept anything less than the £75 I was promised when I signed up for my contract. 

Interestingly, I was told the email comes from 'no-reply@plustnetrewards.com', so which one is it Plusnet?Huh

I hope they will sort this asap!

Sarah1968
Dabbler

I have emailed the purecard one and got an automated reply saying someone would be in touch in 7 days, this was before I had the chat with the agent today. I definitely agree that you shouldn't have to accept £35, the offer was £75 and that's what you should get! I was told the cheque could take 7-10 days. 

I hope you get sorted, we shouldn't have to be doing this