cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No £75 cash back - unchecked box

Quest04

No £75 cash back - unchecked box

I’ve been waiting for email with link on how to claim £75 cash back as nothing had arrived I rang customer services and I was told as I had not checked the box on my order I am not entitled to cash back which seems odd because when I was ordering this was showing on the order page, nothing about cash back being a 3rd party offer.

5 REPLIES 5
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: No £75 cash back - unchecked box

Hiya @Quest04, I am sorry that you didn't sign up on a cashback offer as expected.

If there was definitely a cashback offer showing as available for the package you selected, it's may be that the offer didn't track properly. This can happen if you are browsing various sites looking at offers then go back to another site to complete the purchase or if you have multiple tabs open.

If you have any screenshots to show the offer you signed up to on the day, please pop us these over in a PM and we can take a further look for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Quest04

Thanks for getting in touch unfortunately I don’t have screen shots because it’s not something I do when dealing with a reputable brand. I was looking for good value, good customer service and a reputable company and a easy transition these were why I chose Plusnet and left my last provider after 10+ years, as for the £75 cash back I chose the package that best suited my needs and the £75 cash back was displayed on the order page, yes I’m disappointed but it seems more  of these misleading adverts are occurring on a frequent basis with reputable companies, all to save £75. As I understand it, I am not being paid the money because I didn’t tick a box, that’s what the lady who I initially indicated to had occurred, On a final note, doing a general search  on line and in the Plusnet community site, it would seem that I am not the only one, experiencing this issue which may be indicative that there is a problem with the way Plusnet are advertising their services.  I would ask that you review this complaint and if you are able, and as an act of good customer service, you consider  the request to be paid the £75 in my favour.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @Quest04, thanks for getting back to me.

I am sorry that you are disappointed with this and can certainly understand your frustration. This isn't related to ticking a box (I am sorry for the information that you were advised and will pass on feedback with regards to this). Cashback offers do require this to be tracked correctly and also to ensure that the package isn't amended whilst going through sign up as this prevent from being eligible for the cashback. Before confirming the order, the breakdown would include everything that is included, including any cashback.

I have reviewed this for you, creating a ticket on your account in my ownership here for you where you can reply : https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219796193

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Quest04

Thank you for reviewing my complaint although it is not a satisfactory outcome from my perspective I will accept your offer £37.50.

Regards Sarah

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me.

Can you please just add a reply on the open ticket: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=219796193 (as this will require you to log into your account, which passes our security checks) and once done, I will get this picked up for you.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team