Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 12-month contract options?

MkJohn
Hooked

No 12-month contract options?

Hi
Already with Plusnet having taken up fibre some 2 years ago.
After seeing BT advertising unlimited broadband for £20/month on a 12-month contract, I contacted customer options who initially offered me a new 24-month contract (at a competitive price) or an 18-month contract. Apparently they don't offer 12-month contracts.
Has anyone else obtained a 12-month deal for renewing/extending their fibre contract? If not, is there a reason why Plusnet don't offer 12-month contracts, which so many providers seem to do now?
Thanks
John
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: No 12-month contract options?

Probably not for fibre - HOWEVER
With the present T&C's once Plusnet do their usual annual price rise (phone or broadband) you have a get out of jail free card so 24 month contracts are a nonsense unless they are prepared to fix all the prices for that period
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Oldjim
Probably not for fibre

The minimum term for FTTC from BTO was changed to 12 months some time ago, and the minimum term after a migration to a new provider is one month...
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I know that - but my comment stands
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there!
We only offer 18 month+ contracts on fibre because we have to purchase it from our supplier on that basis. Hope this helps Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Cat: As far as the OP's situation he has already gone way past the 12 (or 18) month BTw minimum term. To try to blame that for not offering him 12 month now is somewhat disingenuous!
@MkJohn
I suggest you ring up to ask for your MAC and see what you are offered.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Sky and Talk Talk also still have 18 month minimum terms.  BT offer a 12 month contract, but you are paying top dollar for that.
All contracts are focussed on new customers, not business extension, these are clearly predicated on setup and acquisition costs.  All these cash backs have to be funded from somewhere... 18 month tie-in just to recoup the up-front discounts does not seem unreasonable.
Note the OP did not indicate the extent of discounts offered on these longer contracts.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.